Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 10:57:33

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 368
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 94
Total: 94

94 Guests, 0 Users

XL1000 V2 Varadero Rectifier

Started by Rafa, 15/03/20 - 15:47:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafa

Hello again. The rectifier has just gone on my 2002 XL1000 Varadero. I have been looking on Ebay and the prices vary from about £20 to about £80. Does anyone know if the cheaper rectifiers are any good? Or can anyone suggest a good place to buy one? Thanks

S Barker

Use the search function (top right).

Plenty of previous posts re Regulator or Rectifier.
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

Charlie

hi, i've had a few go on mine and i've bought both the genuine honda (i got it for £50 i think) and the £20. i'd look for a genuine honda one if you can afford it but i'd also keep your old ones as there's vids on youtube with how to fix them making them more robust. just my tuppence worth...
good luck
Falun Gong is good
Help stop the persecution...

tomhowe

Hi Rafa,
            Like Charlie I've had a few go on mine, but I took the other route after buying a genuine Honda replacement only for that to quite quickly fail.   I've found that the cheap replacements last just as long as the real thing - and cost much less.   

The one on my bike just now is a second hand one, but not from a Varadero.   If you look at 'Honda Reg/rec' on ebay, you'll find the same reg/rec is fitted to all sorts of Honda bikes.   My current one is fron a 200cc.   It's lasted the longest....
My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious problems.