collapse collapse

* Search

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Varadero XL125 V3 Speedometer Help  (Read 42 times)

AndrewWalters

• Tea Boy
  • Varadero UK Rider
Varadero XL125 V3 Speedometer Help
« on: June 04, 2019, 10:01:42 AM »
Hi,

After changing my fork seals and replacing my front wheel my Speedometer no longer works. I have since removed the wheel again and checked the sensor but I cant see anything obvious wrong. I have googled the issue but all I get is a fix and the checks for the Mechanical type and mine is electronic. I have seen the YouTube video from the previous post but my sensor is on the wheel not the engine. The wire goes from the sensor on the wheel and under the tank. I am at a loss from there on. I am trying to avoid taking the Tank off as I use the bike for daily commute and I cant have the bike off the road for too long. Anyone know where the connection to the loom is? The wire does not go directly in to the Speedometer so I guess it joins the loom somewhere. The rev counter, clock etc. are all still working. Any common problems anyone knows of? Did I put my wheel back together wrong or was I just unlucky. I made sure the sensor was correctly fitted with the notch in the forks and the correct torque settings. I am new to motorcycling, bike maintenance and the terminology used so please treat me like a child.

Many thanks in advanced.

Andrew

* Calendar

June 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

No calendar events were found.

SimplePortal 2.3.2 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal