Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

19/04/24 - 06:47:01

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2,722
  • Latest: carlfh
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,914
  • Total Topics: 11,004
  • Online today: 197
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 86
Total: 86

86 Guests, 0 Users

125 Vara larger sprocket

Started by kamakiriad, 23/09/18 - 23:31:47

Previous topic - Next topic

kamakiriad

Hi
1st post and good to be here!

I have 15 tooth front sprocket but the sprocket is too big for chain guide to bolt back on and clear the chain. Apart from grinding it down or not fitting it (which I don't fancy), any other solution anyone knows, or aftermarket chain guides?
Many thanks, J

black rider

welcome along I have no experience with the 125 the best thing I could do is  say to put your question in to the search bar like 15 tooth sprocket on a 125 or something like that . good luck with it

S Barker

What are you expecting to happen when you fit the larger sprocket ?
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

Taught2BeCautious

Changing the front sprocket allows you to reach a higher speed before the rev-limiter cuts-in to spoil the fun, or allows you to maintain a comfortable speed with reduced engine revs (and noise) but reduces power across the range.

A 15 tooth front sprocket should fit just fine, but you may need to remove the chain guide and slightly elongate one or both holes (by removing metal with a rat-tail file to the right of the hole) but be careful not to over-do it.

0.5 to 1.0 mm is all you should need.

kamakiriad

Hi, thank you for replies; I'll elongate holes a little and with little less rpm shall have a more comfortable a-road commute.
Many thanks, J

S Barker

Most of the time the XL125 is power limited. it wont go any faster because there is no more power.

Occasionally it might be RPM limited (small rider, downhill, following wind etc.).

Fitting a larger front sprocket will reduce acceleration and, most of the time, will reduce the maximum top speed.

I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops