Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

13/05/24 - 16:20:31

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,915
  • Total Topics: 11,005
  • Online today: 83
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36

36 Guests, 0 Users

Is Autoroute Express Accurate

Started by Redeye, 24/01/04 - 10:48:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redeye

What's the general opinion of Autoroute Express 2004?

I got a copy of the latest version before Christmas and have been using it to plan my run down to Spain in May. The more I use it, the more I feel it's not that good.
It does have some good points, the hotels, camping areas, fuel stops, etc, but I'm not so sure about the accuracy of the maps once you get off the main roads, especially in Spain.
One glaring error is the route from Relleu, the village where we stay down to the town of Campello on the coast, where the main road, the CV775 goes to the village but doesn't come out of the other end and go on to Aigues and then to Campello. I only know this because it's a road I use on a regular basis, so how many other mistakes are there?
???
www.viamichelin.com (Relleu-03578 to el Campello-03560) shows it spot on, so it's not as if it's some little back road.
Anyone else come across this sort of error?

Barry T

I have AutoRoute Express 2000.

I find it good enough for working out a virtual route.  It is good enough for me to make a list of towns and villages and then put the proper route onto a paper map.   But even a paper map over a year old is of limited use, but are OK for covering long distances.

Once I get to an area I wish to 'explore' I but a local map of the area.

The local maps in France, Spain and Portugal are usually quite good

However, one you get into Greece or none EU countries, no two maps seem to agree.

I always find it best to buy a new map as soon as I get into a new country, and treat them as an expendable item.

Thought!  Expendable?   How come I have a shelf full of , torn, written on. creased up, out of date, maps! ???