Topbox mounting plate recall.

Started by BigMick, 16/05/11 - 16:47:42

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMick

Had a call from my Honda dealer today,there is a recall just starting for Honda topbox mounting plate,popped in to see them and they say letters should be going out very soon but parts are not going to be available until the 20th of this month,mine is booked in for the 20th  :good:

S Barker

It's not the first time there has been a problem with Top box mountings.

I'm sure Tarwdu had his bolts shear  (probably had too sheep in his top box).

SB
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

Jelly

Would this affect my 2000 'W' plate Vara?

BigMick

I am not 100% sure,check with your Honda dealer to be safe.

Jelly

I'll give em a call tomorrow as oppose to an email.

Last time I emailed them for a test ride on a Vara (before I bought one) I got absolutely no reply at all:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Chambers of Maidstone in case you were wondering.

BigMick

Yes thats my local dealer as well,i have always found them very good.

Jelly

I'm not saying they arent any good, I bought my first bike from them, they just can't be bothered or don't check their emails :rtfm:

I take it that you're local to me then Big Mick?

BigMick

Yes i assume so,i live at the top end of Walderslade near the hospital  :)

Jelly

Ah, I used to live over that way many years ago, in princes park when it was brand new!
I'm in sittingbourne now.
I feel a ride out together is imminent big Mick. :good:

Earwig

BigMick Jelly

Do you know these guys? (My Bro in Law is involved)

http://www.bmfinkent.co.uk/

BigMick

@ Earwig .. no dont know them but thanks for the link,looks like they do a few runs now n then  :)
@Jelly .. That sounds a good idea,i work a lot of weekends so most of my runs happen in the week  :)

Jelly

Yeah thanks for the link earwig :good:

Big Mick, I'm the opposite, let me know when you have a weekend free :good:

phannon

When I saw your posting I rang my local dealer as I'm due to be heading off to Germany (two up and fully load with the kitchen sink) next month. They weren't ware of the issue but have since contacted Honda and confirmed that there is a potential problem with one particular topbox / plate that they didn't sell many of.

Apparently the topbox concerned is 45 litre but is not colour matched, has a black carrying handle, doesn't have reflective panels or a red button to release the box from the plate.

If your bike is one affected you should be receiving a letter but if in doubt give your dealer a call.

BTW - The dealer concerned has just taken delivery of his first Crossrunner so I am going to have a butchers as it's all taxed and ready for test rides. Don't think it would replace the Vara, but it's always interesting to ride something new.

BigMick

Thanks for the update  ;) mine is one of the boxes affected,i did Brighton/Eastbourne/Bexhill/Hastings yesterday and my box did not fall off  ;D i'm taking mine in Friday for the mod to be done as they are not getting the parts delivered till then  ;)

Trotts

My letter arrived a few days ago  from Mr Honda. (4/6)

Mine is an V9 model, colour coded top box, with no red button.  The lock and carry handle.  Did not fall off in the Alps or Pyrenees last month,  even when loaded with more than it should have been.  I would have been upset if I lost my two boxes of Merlot  ;D that were a present for her indoors.

Being sorted this week before my next trip to the sunshine