Touring Forum > Touring General

Fuel Economy - personal bests

(1/3) > >>

Jackotter:
Hi there, bit bored today but had to make the journey from the centre of the peak district to Edinburgh total trip length of 256miles - 140 miles on A roads (not including A1) rest on motorway

Thought I would see if it was possible using a full tank from the start - long and short of it - It is, managed to get 26 miles from my final destination in Edinburgh before the light went on - (roughly 4 litres left). I recon I have probably max 10 miles left in the tank on arrival. (Averaging 11.5miles/litre or 51.75mpg in old money)

To do this I found the bike was most economical sat at just under 70mph, so did that pretty much all the way when able to. Obviously self-restraint was a issue but overcame it when I went past a set of services charging ?1.42/litre for petrol!!!!

Wondering if anyone else has bettered this?

Big Dave:

Hiya Jack,

i was out yesterday with Minky, Numpty and Tiggy and
 i think we all averaged over 100 SMILES per Litre  ;) .

Big Dave

tomhowe:

--- Quote from: Big Dave on March 06, 2011, 08:50:38 PM ---Hiya Jack,

i was out yesterday with Minky, Numpty and Tiggy and
 i think we all averaged over 100 SMILES per Litre  ;) .

Big Dave

--- End quote ---

And that's what counts.   Not the fuel consumption!  :)

minkyhead:
  yep its getting a real issue          barsatards    

filling the vara  comes as real  shock   after the  wee strom and xt  660

the vara is used less and less  and just kept  for the long distance stuff  where it  exels  

when im at  work    comuting and  riding at modest speeds  the wee strom   will give   near to 70mpg  

and the xt  65   easy  
       i hope  people dont take this the wrong  way     but  i  can have more fun  for less money  on  a 600cc  bike      
       the only  time  i really  want to ride the vara  is on  a long haul  trip ..and of  course  two up  
  ...and  there aint too many of them in a year      250 to a tank is   about where i am   not  going  mad   but it  cost    3250  to fill it  on saturday     grrr        

By null at 2011-02-20

S Barker:

--- Quote from: minkyhead on March 06, 2011, 10:09:41 PM ---  yep its getting a real issue          barsatards    

--- End quote ---

Who's de bastards ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version