Air Hawk seat.

Started by aboynamedsue, 14/09/14 - 09:06:33

Previous topic - Next topic

aboynamedsue

I'm considering buying an Air Hawk seat for my Varadero and was wondering if anyone has tried them before and are they worth the money? Any feedback would be greatly received.

numptyspence

To be honest never tried them, but i have known a couple of people who have and they all said they worked but the trick is getting the right amount of air inside, you really don't want too much or its like riding on a balloon.

Let us know how it goes
YoU CaNt AlWaYs GeT WhAt YoU WaNt BuT If YoU TrY YoU MiGhT JuSt GeT WhAt YoU nEeD .................. ;->

aboynamedsue

Cheers for that, I have been doing a bit of research on them and you inflate,then sit on it, on the bike and deflate until you can't feel the saddle but you're not floating as you say like a balloon. I'm giving it serious thought, i've never heard negative stories.

The Prodded Dog

You might want to look at these as an alternative
http://www.danmedicasouth.co.uk/category/motorcycle-seat-pads/

Whatever you go for always remove it and pop it in the top box. Dead easy to steal.

The Prodded Dog
I can still do all the things I could when I was 21, but now it is with less teeth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtp4adNTP0Y

dozz

I have a airhawk, the cheap one, even with my abundant weight it hasnt burst, comfort is great just a slight feeling of wobblieness until you get used to it, i only use it for touring as my short legs struggle to touch the ground, i'd recommend one and if you have an intercom get the passenger one too or just listen to her moaning

aboynamedsue

I opted to try the new Air Hawk Cruiser R. I bought it quite a while ago to try it, got it for ?108 on ebay as opposed to ?180 new. The guy bought it new, tried it once and didn't like it. The first time I tried it I had too much air in it and I rocked backwards as I "gave the mighty varadero the beans". I couldn't live with it but as I let a bit of air out each time I stopped, I eventually got it setup right for me. I'm just home from a week in France and it never left my seat (apart from at night).
It may not be for everyone but it was fantastic for me. Definitely worth a punt if anyone is considering something for long rides.