Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 05:24:44

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 309
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 312
Total: 312

312 Guests, 0 Users

125 High Screen

Started by Dirty Boy, 22/07/19 - 15:31:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty Boy

Ooops, posted this in the wrong place earlier, Newbie mistake.

Hi all, just bought a Vara 125 and joined the forum. Hoping to learn more about the bike and draw from your collective experience.

Couple of mods I need to do, to make it mine.
High Screen
Hand Guards
USB/Cig lighter plug

So, help me here please. Which is the best replacement high screen. I want a dark tint because I noticed when I test rode the bike that 1, there is no wind protection which I want for long distance travel and 2, the angle of the clock and the sun shining on them made them difficult to read. I have seen a Givi which has a rubber beading around the edge and another brand, very dark with no beading. I have also seen a thread about a brand that has no flip along the top edge. Your thoughts on which is best please.

I am also wanting hand guards. Do Barkbuster sell a set that fit ?

I saw a photo of a Vara with a handlebar cross brace, ideal for mounting a USB plug and a Sat Nav. Any idea who/where sells those ?

Regards and thanks for having me.

HEDLEY326

Hi mate. Renthal sell the brace bar. Be careful though, because the bar is only around 12-13 mm OD I believe.
A lot of bar mount clamps, are ideally suited to bars a bit thicker. I have the brace mount, but i made my own thicker brace bar at 22mm OD.

Have a look around, to see what other handguards you can fit to the 125 varadero. I have BMUU 1150 GS handguards on my xl1000.

If you fit a USB plug, try and get a one with a digital volt meter screen. It's great as a early heads up , when your charging system is playing up.

The Ram X mount is a good addition also.
Before spending money on accessories, buy a manual and make sure you know that the bike is in good working order, before buying timsel and baubels for it.
Enjoy.

Dirty Boy

Thanks for the heads up Hedley326, I hadn't thought about the OD of the brace bar being a problem, of course, mounting devices on them is not what they are intended for.  I like the idea of a voltmeter as well.

The bike has minimal milage, in good condition and is being serviced by the shop I bought it from. It runs well so Im not too concerned about the health of the bike, but your advice is much appreciated.

Time to start scouring the internet.

Regards
DB

Taught2BeCautious

Keep an eye on eBay for the Givi tall or 'Touring' screen, but be aware that there are 2 types (Carb & Injection models) that are not interchangeable.  They rarely come up second-hand, but sometimes cheaper from French and German sites.
I have heard bad things about other brands - prone to scratching, wind noise, vibration, flimsy, etc. - stick to Givi.

I found it easy to wire a cigar lighter socket on a trailing wire, under the seat, but a 22mm handlebar mount would have been my second choice.

I found that the handguards from a Vara 100 could be easily modified to fit the 125.

Hope that helps :)