Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

18/04/24 - 01:10:02

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2,722
  • Latest: carlfh
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,914
  • Total Topics: 11,004
  • Online today: 126
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 142
Total: 142

142 Guests, 0 Users

BETTER BRAKING FROM HONDA NOW COSTS LESS

Started by Redeye, 12/06/04 - 17:19:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redeye

Honda UK has announced a number of price reductions for some of its genuine motorcycle parts with particular emphasis on brake components.

The recommended retail prices (RRP) of Honda?s genuine brake parts have been reduced, with 11% off brake pads and a massive 30% off brake discs. The reductions apply across the entire range of Honda motorcycles and scooters and have led to potential savings of more than ?65 on the RRP of a front brake disc.

The reduction in the cost of braking components underlines the extensive R&D work on anti-lock and combined braking systems undertaken by Honda over recent years. It is the company?s intention to apply its Advanced Brake Systems to all sectors of its model line-up by 2007.

"Safety is always paramount and Honda is renowned for leading the world in motorcycle brake technology," commented Honda UK?s communications manager, Greg Willis. "For example, ABS and Honda?s own Dual-Combined Brake System are being found on more and more models like the new CBF600.

"However, brake pads wear out and discs can get damaged," he continues, "so I?m sure that our customers will welcome the significant price reductions on both these components as our biking summer gets fully underway."

Varaderoguy

Coo - a price drop from Honda.  Hope this doesn't mean a drop in quality (I do ask and have experienced these things - i.e. bits falling off).

As I have just renewed my front brake pads, I am obviously glad they have dropped the price.
HOC member 28728 - IAM member 326140

Ralph W

I'm not sure about Honda pads, both my Deauvilles suffered from judder from the fromt brake in any use, either light or hard. The one that I had from new had 3 replacement sets of front discs and pads under warrenty. After about 4,000 miles the shudder came back and new parts were fitted. After the warrenty ran out and they refused to replace again, I fitted EBC pads and withing 500 mls the problem had gone. Changed to second Deauville with 6,000 mls on the clock and it was doing the same thing, threw away Honda pads put in EBC and again problem solved.  Any thoughts ???
HOC No:-  Retired.

black rider

I know its a old post but worth bringing back up  I felt  but I was told in the past to fit genuine Honda pads if the budget stretched that far  but due to trying to ride on a tight  budget I had already decided to take out the god awful goldfren out of the front and put in ebc hh pads . this has made my mind up . I replaced the rear goldcrap pads with nissin huge improvement it was .