Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

25/04/24 - 22:06:11

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2,723
  • Latest: AntG
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,915
  • Total Topics: 11,005
  • Online today: 177
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133

133 Guests, 0 Users

Fitting Heated Grips

Started by graham tooth, 23/07/04 - 19:02:00

Previous topic - Next topic

graham tooth

well this all seems a bit sober after reading through. 52 and too old to freeze and get wind blasted. i am about to fit hot grips and want to get some advice about where best to connect the power and earth lead. have just got my bike and also ordered a big screen as my head thrumming at 80+ sends me into a stupour.

love the picture

graham

xlrik

Graham
Cannot point you exactly in right direction but when i had mine fitted by the dealer they connected them direct to the battery which I wasnt happy about as it meant they could be left on (or purposely turned on) when I wasnt with the bike hence - battery drain. So I got a curcuit tester - found the switched live side of the fuse box - found an incoming wire with the same size fuse and piggy backed the wire with the in line fuse for prtoection. I know its not the correct way of doing things but they have worked fine and have never blown a fuse and now turn off with the ignition.

Hope this helps - if not my last word is make sure you dont connect to an indicator wire or you may experience hot flushes!

Rik
If life IS like a "box of chocolates" - then I got the one with all the bloody nuts in it!

Redeye

Tip I got was to conect to the horn - could be noisy when it's cold  ???