Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

13/05/24 - 14:30:12

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,915
  • Total Topics: 11,005
  • Online today: 83
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 44
Total: 44

44 Guests, 0 Users

Austria Superb Accommodation

Started by xfb33, 16/05/08 - 23:35:56

Previous topic - Next topic

xfb33

;D Just returned from a week at the Hotel Enzian in Austria http://www.hotel-enzian.com/new/start.php?site=ehome&lan=e&ss=home

5 countries in one week, Stelvio, Giorgio, Jauffen, Rechen and Timelsjoch passes, including three of the best roads in Europe.

An added bonus, for ?30 you can rest your bike and use any of the BMUU's incl new GS1200. The owner Klaus is a petrolhead, secure and covered parking for your bikes with on site garage and wash facilities. Nothing ever a problem. O0

Mark H

Hello xfb33.

Tell me more - looks really interesting. I take it you did the tour with Klaus? How did it work out? Was the hotel a good location to base yourself from?

How many miles did it end up being? Did you also ride there and back?

Team DNF is now just waiting for another arse kicking...

xfb33

Hi Apologies for delay, my wife has been seriously ill, now on the road to recovery. Yes went with Klaus highly recommend. Fly to Munich, bike hire BMUU - ride to Austria and then any BMUU you like for the days you are there. All included in the Fly Drive price with the Hotel.  The roads are magnificent, Police Very Friendly!!!! (Not used to that) Hotel Enzian 5* accomodation and food. Hans one of the tour guides excellent and you ride to enjoy the scenery, not 100mph like some tours elsewhere.
Will be going there next year. I will use BMUU again, I love my Varadero but with riding there will put 2500 miles there, tours, and back.

LazyRider

I must confess, I have looked at a number of these 'biker hotels' but when it comes to the crunch, I prefer to do my own thing.   Whilst I enjoy the company of other bikers for perhaps a weekend, when it comes to longer periods, I prefer to sort out my own rides and have the company of 'locals' in the evening.   I suppose it makes me feel more like a traveler than a tourist. :-\

In the past I have missed out on local places of interest, but then I found that a visit to the local Tourist Information centre or even looking at the itinerary of local coach tours, you can glean a lot of information.   Not least when the 'place of interest' will have the least number of people present.  This is usually before 10 a.m and after 4 p.m.  ;)   

Watching the last rays of the sun reflecting off the marble pillars of Delphi or Pergamon, alone, in the quiet of the evening is magical.  The lakes at  Covadonga, Picos, are very special in the early morning before the crowds arrive. - even the taverna is empty, but you can still get a cup of coffee at 8.a.m. :)

It is difficult these days not to ride well used routes, but I don't like it to be too obvious. :)