Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

19/04/24 - 06:55:29

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2,722
  • Latest: carlfh
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,914
  • Total Topics: 11,004
  • Online today: 197
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 103
Total: 103

103 Guests, 0 Users

Stuck choke cable

Started by Buster1450, 27/01/19 - 12:54:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Buster1450

Hi guys thanks for the add, I have a 2002 1000 and the choke cable dose not work the top,part of the cable is free but operating the lever dose not do anything, will it be the cable needs changed or just the plungers and springs may have seized ?
Any help great fully received and faithfully applied.

black rider

i took the choke cables off the carbs on my transalp 600 they were very rusty in there i used to wd40 to clean and free them up then engine oil to keep them free for the future . i think i used a pliers  maybe even a long nose or small vise grips it was easy enough but access was easy only take the tank off maybe the airbox is in the way on the Varadero i have yet to lift the tank three and 9000 miles later it has not  even as much as  coughed only wore out some consumables as any machine will .

black rider

thinking about it again maybe an 11mm spanner I used . I  think they were stuck closed I feared they were stuck open leading to bad fuel economy . they work just fine ever since .

Buster1450

Thanks for the reply I have had the tank and air bob off and the chokes are a bitch to get to I will have to free the carbs from the head to gain access so it?s a job for another day I think. Cheers 🍻

S Barker

As I recall the "Choke" isn't a choke but a fast idle adjustment.
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops