Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 06:54:53

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 368
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 192
Total: 192

192 Guests, 0 Users

Varadero 125cc V-3 XL not rev'ing help needed

Started by rgreen131171, 19/04/19 - 04:44:18

Previous topic - Next topic

rgreen131171

Hi all,
My first post here and its to ask for some help. Just got my girl back from been stolen, It appears to be in remarkably good condition apart from the snapped steering lock and hot wiring, however the bike starts (with a jumper - as not had a chance to charge it yet) and ticks over fine. No issues there.

The problem comes from when I apply throttle, The throttle works, can see the carb connector pulling to make it rev, however it just sits at the idle speed and does nothing.

It will be first time ive stripped a carb or anything major on the bike but determined to do it myself to learn. Looking for advice and what people think it could be ?

Does the Vara-125cc need battery power to cause it to rev is this something first to check ?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Just want to get back on the girl and enjoy her again.

Russ

Noobie1

Hey Russ,

I've not had my bike long so couldn't give you the ins and outs but I'm not bad with engines...

I've also got a V3, as it's carbureted it shouldn't need any battery power to rev... if it's running it's got ignition meaning you've got enough to make it rev or idle, sounds more like a bad carb tune or bad fuel...

has the fuel been sitting for a while or is the throttle particularly sticky?

may mean the carb is gummed up, may just need a clean or if you're really lucky some redex   :P