Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 05:54:25

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 368
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 337
Total: 337

337 Guests, 0 Users

Coolant

Started by Karlos, 10/05/18 - 22:11:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Karlos

Hey guys,

Wondering if any of you have some experience with the coolant system on the vara 07+

Just changed my clutch pads, drained some 1l of coolant from the engine.

I could not find any info on how much coolant I should use, manual points to make sure reserve tank is midway between low and max, problem is, it is slightly above max!? I have drained the main system but reserve is still full, how does one move/flush this through the system so I can refill?

Haynes manual failed me as does the manual, could be that ive been working on the bike all night and a bit tired now so missed it. Any guidance would be appreciated.
XL125 Varadero 07

HEDLEY326

Start the bike. Leave the main radiator cap off. Let run to temerature. Top up as needed. Done this on a couple of bikes and cars. Should work.

Karlos

ahhh, I had my main cap closed, I'll give that a shot Saturday morning! Cheers!
XL125 Varadero 07

HEDLEY326

No worries mate. I might be chatting utter bollox. I just know that I did a coolant change on a VFR 800 and a vauxhall astra a few years back and released the air this way. Hope it gets sorted.

S Barker

I have no experience with the XL125 but on the XL1000 it is very easy to leave a small air lock in one of the cylinders.
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

Karlos

to update, flushed reserve, it is not blocked but will not feed rest of system, filled up radiator and be done with it, I'll see what happens.

Looking at some vids on youtube this appears to be what most do but the manually says to specifically fill up the reserve to the line...

XL125 Varadero 07

Taught2BeCautious

To drain the system, start by opening the expansion bottle cap, and undo the drain bolt until the level of the expansion tank drops below the level of the top of the radiator.

Then remove the radiator cap (there's a locking screw that holds it in place) and drain until empty.

Re-filling is a reverse of the above - tighten the drain bolt and start re-filling through the radiator cap with a 50% mix of the recommended anti-freeze, until it starts to overflow.

Then replace the radiator cap (and locking screw) and continue filling from the expansion bottle.