Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 07:38:41

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 368
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 123
Total: 123

123 Guests, 0 Users

Why insurances are so high.

Started by Ralph W, 26/06/05 - 15:12:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph W

About 2 years ago I had a minor bump whilst riding my Deauville (long since sold).? ?Didn't fall off but was clipped by lane changer who had not bothered to look, or couldn't see.? Slight damage to bike but footrest caught under his wheel arch and ripped a lump out of his 10 year old fiesta. Excanged details etc, I was with NU and he was with NU DIrect. 12 months ago I had a call from NU, could a representative call to take a statement. He did and I thought that was the end of it. Just had a letter this week to meet my barrister and appear at local County Court in August so that Judge can apportion blame.? We are insured by the same firm for gods sake, how much is this going to cost them to win or lose a case against themselves....? :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:?
HOC No:-  Retired.

filmbuff

Yep sounds like a raw deal there? :idiot2:? Mind you as the t**t hit you the judge would have to be a moron

to blame you? ????? Hang on a minute...judges!...morons!...Oh dear? ?:-\

ps. could this mean that you are the Deauville vote on my poll?
"I have been a rover. I have walked alone. Hiked the hundred highways. Never found a home. Still in all, I'm happy..."  Sinatra

Varaderoguy

Humm - insurance companies are very stupid in that respect.  When White Van Man took revenge last november, I was with Eagle Star; he was with Eagle Star.  However, when I pointed this out to the company, they insisted it had to go through independent solicters.  The cost to both of them was about 4,000 + man hours in getting this 'scratch' fixed. 

INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE DIM.

Have I made myself plain enough?
HOC member 28728 - IAM member 326140

Mark H

Absolutely and your sperling has also improved.
Team DNF is now just waiting for another arse kicking...

Ralph W

Quote from: filmbuff on  26/06/05 - 15:21:48
Yep sounds like a raw deal there? :idiot2:? Mind you as the t**t hit you the judge would have to be a moron

to blame you? ????? Hang on a minute...judges!...morons!...Oh dear? ?:-\

That could well be FB, plenty of storage, but a bit under powered, and  heavy,  but nevertheless a very able commuter, and able to cope with distances as well. Bomb proof motor capable of 100,000 miles with no trouble. But not everybody's idea of a well styled machine.
HOC No:-  Retired.

Varaderoguy

Spooling or Sperling or Speeling or Spelling.

Hey...its the just the kinda mood I'm in ducky!  :-*
HOC member 28728 - IAM member 326140

Craig67

HOC  29504

filmbuff

Quote from: Ralph W on  26/06/05 - 17:55:22
Quote from: filmbuff on  26/06/05 - 15:21:48
Yep sounds like a raw deal there  :idiot2:  Mind you as the t**t hit you the judge would have to be a moron

to blame you   ???  Hang on a minute...judges!...morons!...Oh dear   :-\

That could well be FB, plenty of storage, but a bit under powered, and heavy, but nevertheless a very able commuter, and able to cope with distances as well. Bomb proof motor capable of 100,000 miles with no trouble. But not everybody's idea of a well styled machine.

Every magazine review or article i've ever read about the Deauville has said virtually the same thing. Personally if i had one it would just be for commuting. In which case the built in storage, shaft drive, comfort and reliability would all come to the forefront. And i've seen a couple close up and they don't look that bad. Still a bit pricey new though.
O0
"I have been a rover. I have walked alone. Hiked the hundred highways. Never found a home. Still in all, I'm happy..."  Sinatra

Stonewolf

Get out and ride!