Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 05:48:47

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 368
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 358
Total: 358

358 Guests, 0 Users

Not strictly Varadero

Started by SoosiG, 28/02/04 - 15:46:54

Previous topic - Next topic

SoosiG

does anyone on here have any experience with tuning a two stroke 125 on a TZR?

Please?
Thanks to Loic for the Hugger link, contemplating as we speak

Redeye

Used to do quite a bit a few years ago with Yam YZ125 motorcrossers - don't know how close a TZR is to a YZ but the basics haven't changed. What are you trying to do Soosi?

SoosiG

It just wont run!  It starts and ticks for a while then stops.  The whole engine has been stripped and cleaned and put back together.  Hubby and I just scratching our heads now!!

It has fuel and has been de-coked ?????  Any suggestions?

Soos xx

Redeye

Soosi, it sounds like a fuel problem so............

1. Has the bike been stood for a while? If so, could just be the petrol has "gone off". Drain the tank and stick in some fresh. But check (2) first.
2. Is there a small filter attached to the fuel on-off tap? It's usually inside the tank. Take the tap off and see if it's clogged up with flakey rust from inside the tank. If it is, clean it and wash out the tank with clean petrol. Other method is to blow up the petrol pipe to clear the filter. Tastes lovely it does, expecially 98 Octane leaded! ;D
3. Most Yam 2-strokes used to have Mikuni carbs. Take the carb off and make sure the float valve is not jammed. If it is there could be enough petrol flowing through to get the bike to start....tick over...and then die from fuel starvation. Take the top off the carb and the float valve is located in the top part with a small spring...it should be where the fuel line enters the carb. Also check the float moves up and down freely on it's spindle.
4. You did turn on the petrol didn't you?  ;D (Only joking)

SoosiG

Cheers Redeye, certainly something to be getting on with.  My intention with the TZR is to have it MOTd and then sell it.  Have you got any idea what one of those, E Reg but in really good nick, would go for on the open market?  I understand that 125s are like Gold Dust, especially second hand ones, apparently kids really want to own them as opposed to a moped.

If anyone knows what sort of asking price I should put on it please respond here.

It is fully faired too.  A nice little bike.

Thanks again Redeye

xx :D