Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

25/04/24 - 20:09:04

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2,723
  • Latest: AntG
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,915
  • Total Topics: 11,005
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 155
Total: 156

155 Guests, 1 User
S Barker

new to Forum

Started by cgjoe64, 18/04/16 - 01:49:38

Previous topic - Next topic

cgjoe64

So first post for my nearly new bike. Just bought 1000 varadero. Live in Canada. Newfoundland actually. Bike has give crash bars, auxiliary lights and engine protector. Bike is a 2009 , 4500km. Got it for a steal c$7000 Looking to sort out with luggage. Either soft or Aluminium. Will be riding 2 up occasionally on some decent trips. Will need backrest for passenger. These bikes are not very common hear so choices are limited.
Any help or advice appreciated

Italy1

A Varadero in Newfoundland......cant be too far from Paradise:-) Welcome to the forum. 7.5K Km is really no mileage whatsoever, you will love the bike on long trips. I do not have a back rest but I have hard cases Aluminium and found them really useful.
I tend to camp on my trips and having the possibility of loading and opening the boxes from the top is brilliant. You can also use them as seats for the evening campfire or a small dining table :-)
I wouldn't go back to Honda or other panniers. My humble opinion......good luck !

BigYin

My big Varadero came with a Givi made but Honda badged top box with a back rest. I've done a 3,000 mile holiday with me and the girlfriend with that and two 35l hard Givi panniers.

They were on the small side, so sold them and now have two TRK46N Givi panniers - they're fantastic and have been used a few times, and are getting a proper test on a trip to the Alps later this year  8)

If your bike doesn't have a centre stand I'd recommend getting one - way more practical for looking after the bike - also means it takes up way less space in the garage!