Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

13/05/24 - 08:17:13

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,915
  • Total Topics: 11,005
  • Online today: 83
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 37
Total: 37

37 Guests, 0 Users

Just tried out an XL700

Started by Jackotter, 20/12/10 - 20:16:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackotter

Just picked up an XL700 for a friend. Rode it from Scunthorpe to the heart of the Peak district in -10degrees.

Impressions of the bike:

Head light average, very little difference between main beam and high beam. Not much weather protection either. Found that it was reving quite high for cruising at 70ish. Maybe though these are things that are more evident as a vara rider.

Bike though was very good fun, light, nippy, easy to ride and for the money my friend payed for it - a lot of bike for the money!

I wouldn't get one simply because I am freekishly tall and the vara accommodates my size better but I would recommend it for someone it fits better simply because your going to be getting Honda's solid reliability a quality bike that would bang out some serious miles. (the one I rode had 28K on the clock and felt as new).

Just thought I would inform you that riding is still possible in this weather but it is always nicer to ride someone elses bike in such weather!

Trying is the first step to failure

minkyhead

i  like em  jack      

over the last  few years  ive   usesed  a 650 vee strom   and still do      
for  comuting   ..and  back road  hooning   its   brilliant    

ive picked up a  660  tenere  recently   ..and  find it   as mad as abox of  frogs  ..im  so not interested in its  top speed ive geared it  down  for back  countrey  lanes   and  trails

they  tend  not to be as serius  as the big  fancy  stuff      ..less weight  less intimidating  no less quick off the motorway     cheap   //ish        and  loads of  fun  

i  use the  vara  for the long   haul  but     find meself    using the smaller  bikes  for  a day  of  dicking about in  yorkshire  ..i  luv    em    :good: :good:

By minkyhead at 2010-12-11

By minkyhead at 2010-12-10

By minkyhead at 2009-01-23

By minkyhead at 2010-11-07

this has kinda  f**ked the job  up    grr      

roll on spring      

By minkyhead at 2010-12-18

you must have been flying  cos i was going real fast when i passed you??

Jackotter

I agree great bike, it reminds me of my last bike - Dare i say it - BMUU650gs

If I had some spare dollar I would love a smaller nippy commuter/rat bike/trail ride for the simple reason I wouldn't have as much money tied up and could therefore be a bit more adventurous with where i took it and what i did with it, but it like yourself would be run along side a vara.

Trying is the first step to failure