Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

27/04/24 - 18:48:49

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2,723
  • Latest: AntG
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,915
  • Total Topics: 11,005
  • Online today: 49
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 69
Total: 69

69 Guests, 0 Users

First gen carburetor cock up

Started by Lemonwizard, 06/03/24 - 18:31:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Lemonwizard

Hello,

the first gen 125 I recently bought had stood for about 3 years in someone's garage, and the carbs were completely gunked up. Really nasty. Completely stuck as well, throttle wouldn't budge even a bit.

So I removed them both and gave them a really good bath. Unfortunately I ended up mixing up the parts. Not the biggest issue because I took about a million pictures beforehand... except for the springs of which I did not take pictures and only found out afterwards that they are different. Found information about the different needle sizes in the workshop manuals, but not about the springs.

Which spring goes into which carburetor?

S Barker

They are listed with different part No's but I cant find and details and the manual says nothing about locations for them.

https://www.bike-parts.fr/honda-moto/125-MOTO/VARADERO/2001/XL125V1/Moteur/CARBURATEUR-PIECES-CONSTITUTIVES-/13KPC1S1/E__1901/1/11987
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

Lemonwizard

Based on some sherlock holming I have concluded that the longer spring with tighter windings (which is a bit floppier than the shorter one) PROBABLY (hopefully) goes into the front carb.

Also, not quite on-topic anymore, but I've made this collage to help me figure out where all these darn hoses go. Hopefully it'll be of use to someone else.