Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

28/03/24 - 08:34:12

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 179
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 206
Total: 207

206 Guests, 1 User
S Barker

ferry crossing from UK to Norway

Started by Grass, 08/06/09 - 15:25:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Grass

Hello guys!
Is there a ferry from UK to Norway? I try to find some info in the web but no results.
All the ferry lines to Norway are closed? Am I right?
Grass

S Barker

Grass

There use to be a Ferry from Newcastle to Bergen but I think its stopped now.

The only other way (depending on where in Norway you need to get to) is to go from Harwich to Esbjerg and then use the Copenhagen Malmo tunnel/bridge.

SB
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

Monsieur

Correct Sir - the nearest now is Harwich-Esjberg (denmark) and then drive across denmark and into sweden or ferry to norway from denmark
You don't quit doing things because you're getting older; you get older because you quit doing things...

Grass

Thanx for sad news. My plan was to go through UK and to cross the sea to Norway. Then to Sweden. From Stockholm there is a ferry to Riga.
Perhaps Norway won't see me.

S Barker

I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

tomhowe

hmmm.   

Capital of twenty-four quid.   Not much of a refund if the boat doesn't go...
My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious problems.

richaud

Look up DFDs seways that go from Immingham to Gothenburg.. It's RoRo Ferry for cargo but has limeted space for passengers.. Brought home a vauxall and later on a bandit 1200 from UK that way..

Skye

Quote from: S Barker on  08/06/09 - 15:42:08

The only other way (depending on where in Norway you need to get to) is to go from Harwich to Esbjerg and then use the Copenhagen Malmo tunnel/bridge.

SB
Going via Colenhagen is not a good idea. A 200 miles detour, 3 bridge crossings at ?20 each and of being in Denmark longer than needed.

https://www.stenaline.co.uk/book#booking/OnboardExtra
?38 for bike and rider and a smorgasbord on the 3 hour trip between Fredrikshavn and Gothenburg.

Dunno if you from UK will like to spend another 24 hours just getting of the UK DK ferry to take the colorline between Hirtshals and Oslo. From Gothenburg it's 200 miles to Oslo, 500 miles to Geiranger. I can host some of you if you like to cut the cost for sleepover.

Big Dave

Hi Skye,
Hows things   :)?
its very good of you to offer to "host" some of us on the way up.
Not sure exactly where you are  ;) .
I'll be coming off the Ferry in Esjberg Sunday 1st June and staying in Copenhagen Sunday evening.
My current intentions are to ride up to Gothenburg across to Stockholm then Oslo and up to Gerianger.
Arriving in Geiranger Thursday evening or maybe Friday afternoon.
No real plans for the return journey except the Ferry from Esjberg is booked for Wednesday 11th June.

maybe we can meet up somewhere en-route.
and have some beers  ;).

BD

Just cos your breathing doesn't mean your alive
Shiny side up:-)
Vim 10 Zanka Hungary       2008
Vim 11 Assos Turkey          2009
Vim 12 Zams Austria          2010
Vim 13 Vyhne Slovakia       2011
Vim 14 Taraggona Spain     2012
Vim 15  Cardigan   Wales    2013
Vim 16 Gerianger Norway    2014 car

Snurrepus

Dave.

I have promised our small guest room in Central Oslo to a tall Dutch guy from Tuesday 4th to Wednesday 5th.
The beds are free from 5th to 6th, and we will leave for Geiranger Thursday morning.

Welcome  :D

jackyork

Was going to say, when I was looking at ferry prices last summer, Esbjerg was the popular destination from UK; sailing from Harwich? Anyway, Big Dave has it sorted; I found it through 'Cheap Ferry Tickets' or something similar.

Bon Voyage!

JK
'12 reg XL1000VA, Previous; '08 XL1000V

Skye

Hi Dave and all others like Gnarls, Barkley and Brother Numpty.

Well, life is a mess but the sun is shining and I'm really looking forward to see all of you again.
Even if I had a lot of days and hours collected beside vacation in my employers account I'm not sure how many days they will release to me. No problem if it is in January but summer is always summer.

So my plan in the moment is to plan after those days I'm really free. 6th-9th of June.
That means I will drive early from home, meet up Freddy in Norway and going directly to Geiranger over the mountains if is available to X. So I will be home both before and after VIM but dunno know the hours I have to be at work.

Have a two room compartment unfurnished with a small kitchen, shower toilets and washer machine in the basement. Can leave that open during the days you are rolling around my area. Some airbeds, pillows, sleepingbags or blankets are also available.
And of course a big fridge loaded with goodies. A garage for minor problems fixing and 20 miles to a real good mechanic that don't is prebooked and have a waitinglist like the others in the area.

This was ment to be just a short posting but I decided to make a video how to get to Norway.
Hope you find something that have some value in it.

http://vimeo.com/85942924

If you like to contact me and perhaps needing help on your journey up north.
Use the App, Whatsapp I'm using it to contact everybody I know overseas to avoid expensive charges using sms etc.

Skye

video updated with some extra routes that can fit in