Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 04:54:46

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 281
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 282
Total: 282

282 Guests, 0 Users

Towing A Varadero 1000

Started by WibbleNZ, 19/09/14 - 07:45:36

Previous topic - Next topic

WibbleNZ

Hi Everyone,

I have a Transit [T350] that is a camper conversion and when we go away in it I would like to also take the Varadero. 

I was thinking about one of these type of tow bar hitches to pull it along,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORCYCLE-CARRIER-TRAILER-DOLLY-/301303338895?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item462714178f

Has anyone out there used one of these ?? Any thoughts ?? 

~Bob

tomhowe

Looks nice and minimal, but it raises your eyebrows a bit when you see the bike leaning on curves in the video.  :o

Think for going on holiday I'd rather have a bike trailer...
My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious problems.

Stanno

If it's properly made there's no reason why it should'nt be safe, but a Varadero 1000 is not a light bike. Just how much effort and tackle is going to be required to get it hitched up? Personally, if I wanted NOT to use a trailer I'd opt for a lightweight bike mounted transversely.

The Prodded Dog

Depending on how many miles you intend doing before unstrapping the bike. It looks like you ratchet strap down the front end which will pressurise the front forks. Do you want to arrive to a set of blown fork seals? All the weight of the bike will be through the rear tyre so will it square off?
Be a test pilot by all means but why not just enjoy the campervan or take a small trailie for buzzing about on.
The Prodded Dog
I can still do all the things I could when I was 21, but now it is with less teeth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtp4adNTP0Y

BruceB

Can anybody recommend a trailer for the Vara, its such a lardy b**ger that I am wary of most of the trailers I can see online as the GVW is pretty close to the limits stated.
   Looking for one for next year so starting to keep an eye out for one now.
There are limits to intelligence but someone always manages to be a better idiot.

S Barker

I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

BruceB

Surely I don't need to pay nearly ?1k to get a trailer to stick the vara on? :o
There are limits to intelligence but someone always manages to be a better idiot.

BruceB

What weight is the 02 Vara, dry weight is anywhere between 220-240kg depending on where you look. What realistic weight would it be with no luggage fitted and a half empty tank?
  I can see a demountable trailer for 350 ish that will take 295kg which may do at a pinch.
  I need a trailer to get the bike down to the IOM next year and, while it may not fit in with some views on here, I want to trail it down to heysham. I am getting too old to ride a bike two up fully loaded for a week down the A9/A74/M6 for 350 miles each way unless I know the weather will be warm and dry!