Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

28/03/24 - 08:10:25

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 137
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 109
Total: 109

109 Guests, 0 Users

Centre Stand

Started by RSi, 03/09/19 - 11:52:04

Previous topic - Next topic

RSi

Hi, I'm just waiting to take delivery of a 2011 model, it doesn't have a centre stand and was told if they didn't come with them originally, then they can't be fitted.

Does anyone know if this is right, a centre stand is quite important to me.
Murdo DA

S Barker

Whoever told you that is talking nonsense.
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

Taught2BeCautious

There are 2 types of centre stand listed by Honda, one for carb models, and one for injection models.

Very easy to fit yourself with basic tools and should take about 15 minutes, but important for safety - get another person to help steady the bike while you work.

RSi

Thanks guys.

Any recommendation on a make of stand as an NOS one is like hen's teeth to find.
Murdo DA

RSi

The exhaust goes straight across where the pin for the centre stand is supposed to go, surely all often them would have the same front pipes.

Really puzzled by this?
Murdo DA

Taught2BeCautious

Stick to the genuine Honda part to avoid heartache.

Later models had fuel injection fitted, so the exhaust was re-designed to accommodate the O2 sensors and a catalytic converter.

That's why there are 2 different options for the centre stand - one for carburettor models ('A' shaped), one for injection models ('H' shaped).

On the Injection model, there is a short stubby pin on each side - not one that goes all the way through.

Whichever model you have, take a look underneath, then look at both models of stand - you will see that one stand will hit the exhaust, but the other one misses it.

Use the one that misses it.  :)

aboynamedsue

I'm not going to be of much help here unfortunately as I've been lucky enough to never have needed a centre stand but I'm going to share my funny story with you anyway. I was pulling up on a boat deck one time and the "owl fella" that was guiding me in motioned me to stop and then asked if I had a main stand, to which I honestly replied  "no I don't" He the proceeded to get down on one knee and check, to which I responded "I should know if there's a mainstand on my bike because it's mine" He didn't take my last comment very well. Maybe I don't look trustworthy, maybe my eyes are too far apart?