Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 07:57:07

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 368
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 100
Total: 100

100 Guests, 0 Users

Centre stand problem

Started by Itsratman, 19/01/20 - 16:54:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Itsratman

Hi all I am having trouble with my vara 08 abs & hoping you can help. Been struggling to get my bike on its centre stand and eventually bent the main foot bar, I bought a new stand from my local Honda dealership but still having the same problem.
When it does finally go on its stand the slightest touch on the back end & it rolls off again plus when on its stand the back wheel is still touching the floor.
On its mot they suggested it may have been lowered & I need to find the original suspension plates, I've measured mine but cannot find sizes anywhere of the original factory fitted plates to compare.
Can anyone help

S Barker

Has the front been dropped, do the front forks protrude above the top yoke ?

What measurements do you have for your rear suspension plates (make a sketch and post it here).

SB
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

Itsratman

Hi SB thanks for getting back. Just done a rough sketch (bloody cold laid on garage floor) hope it's good enough. Front suspension is flush with the top.
Using my tablet & trying to add a couple of pics but can't seem to find an option to what am I missing

S Barker

Quote from: Itsratman on  19/01/20 - 18:28:06
Using my tablet & trying to add a couple of pics but can't seem to find an option to what am I missing

Not so easy if you're using "mobile mode" on android. Switch to "full site" and use the "Add Image to post" or add a link to an external site "Flikr etc." with the image.

There is an option to upload images to this site but server space is expensive and limited so it 's often full.

SB
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

Itsratman