Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

28/03/24 - 08:48:14

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 236
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 258
Total: 259

258 Guests, 1 User
S Barker

Ignition Switch

Started by Nukawin, 24/08/18 - 22:29:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Nukawin

Hey all! I'm posting onto the forum on behalf of my father (he is not very PC-wise).

My dad has a Honda Varadero 125cc, which we bought last year along with my own Honda S-WING. My S-WING is fine, but my dad's Varadero has a couple of issues. Most of which we've been able to get parts for locally.... except the ignition switch.

The switch has been problematic since we got the bike. Basically, when we insert the key, it's a fighting session with said ignition, before it will actually let the key turn. Sometimes it can take a minute of wrestling and other times it can take up to 15 minutes. Understandably, it's incredibly frustrating.

My dad and a family relative (who has worked with bikes before) took it apart to get the ignition switch out. Our plan is to simply replace it. Catch; The guy we contacted to order the part can't seem to get it.

Does anyone here know where (preferably within the UK) I can get an ignition switch for my dads bike? We'd really like to build it back up and complete a lap of the lough before the bad weather starts to take hold.

If you need anymore details regarding the part, let me know and I'll do what I can to provide said details. Thank you in advanced!

- Leanne

black rider

Hi  I don't know if the bike is Hiss in its system that will make it expensive I would think if you need to change all that ?   I read a discussion about how to service the ignition barrel and fuel filler cap to keep  them working well and apparently graphite power  is the stuff to use as oil just causes it to stick with dust being attracted to it . is it possible to ride the bike to a locksmith they would sort it pretty quick but their services can be expensive for call outs . the most popular online Honda dealer in the uk is David Silver spares  and there is also CSML Honda in Holland I think they are they have a fantastic website you can see every nut bolt washer and little spring or clip and the price is right there good luck I hope you get sorted in time to ride around the lough .

black rider

that should say graphite powder  its probably on ebay  or from a lock smiths for a lot more money .

S Barker

Quote from: black rider on  25/08/18 - 11:24:19
that should say graphite powder  its probably on ebay  or from a lock smiths for a lot more money .

Or just scrape a pencil ! (the black bit not the wooden bit).
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops