Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 06:36:16

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 368
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 241
Total: 241

241 Guests, 0 Users

va-5 brake fluid replacment

Started by K-2, 11/04/18 - 17:08:38

Previous topic - Next topic

K-2

HI folks, I'm new to this form and to the Varadero, just bought an 07 plate with ABS and would like to change the brake fluid, I've heard using a vacuum pump and toping the fluid up as I go is the best way to go, can any one advise on this, any help would be appreciate, Thanks 

S Barker

Whatever you do try to avoid getting any air in the system as it's not easy to bleed.

There are several threads on here re the bleeding sequence. Use the search function to find them.
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

HEDLEY326

I have rebuilt all three calipers and have had to bleed the system through, 4 times now due to doing one caliper at a time and being sent wrong seals. I used the pump method a blew air instead of sucked fluid.....yeah. system was full of air. It's not the end of the world. Get a basic bleeder kit. Bleed in the correct sequence (front resevoir first) then back. And yes. Top up as you go. Do it a couple of times through. Don't forget to cable tie the front brake lever overnight. You'll be fine.

K-2

Thanks for the reply guys, been very helpful. :)

aboynamedsue

If you use a vacuum pump running off a compressor it is possible to bleed the brakes in any order, but if you drain the system first and let air in you have to do them in a certain order. A mate of mine was farkling with his ST1300 and he released a bit of fluid from his rear caliper and we tried in vain many times even with the vacuum pump to try to bleed them but the rear just felt like there was air in it. Turns out you have to remove the secondary master cylinder and tilt it to a certain angle whilst bleeding. Did the trick.