Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 05:58:12

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 368
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 324
Total: 324

324 Guests, 0 Users

Pager Alarm HSUN KO LCA-2000CE

Started by foxuk, 13/06/07 - 13:07:44

Previous topic - Next topic

foxuk

For people like myself that feel we should educate rather than incarcerate   :knuppel2: this pager makes a great silent alarm system. O0

What you get is a transmitter about the size of a matchbox and a receiver that looks like the old alpha-numeric pagers.
The transmitter can be connected to either an existing alarm or like me, a simple tilt switch.

I've seen these devices in the past but the operating distance of the pager has been rubbish, lucky to have a range of 100 yards.  :mellow:

With this pager, I have had upto a mile coverage in built up areas. :applause:

The pager arms and disarms itself when you switch the ignition on and off making it very quick and easy to use.
The batteries, which are two AAA last about a month when left on all the time.

If you are thinking of buying this pager, look for one that says "HSUN KO" on the front as these have a little jumper on the circuit board that gives you the extra range  ;)
I paid ?50 for mine but do a internet search for the best price as it can vary.

If anyone is interested, I can put up pictures of it on my bike and wiring diagrams.

Portishead

Hello !!!
I purchased the exactly same pager as you...and my mechanic installed it on my bike.
It corporates with an Meta System Alarm System.
Anything works OK and the pager beeps when the alarm goes on.

There is just a little problem:
The range check of the pager doesn't work.
After opening the pager...only the signs rotate on the display and I dont have the "antenna sign" beeping for 5 minutes for the effective range (as in the manual discribed).
Did we connect something wrong ? Is it a malfunction of the pager ?
For your info...i arm the alarm first...and then open the pager.
Any help would be really appreciated.

foxuk

Yeh... that dosn't sound correct. Can you describe which coloured wires are connected to what?

I can try connecting the wires the same as you and see if I get the same problem.

Paul

Portishead

I asked the salesman from the shop where I bougth it from and he told me :

Some alarms have a switched ground output, so when the alarm is in the armed mode the wire is ground, when the alarm is off there is no ground, this is called a switched ground. Every time a ground is applied to the blue wire the pager will send one range check signal, it will not send another range check signal until the ground on the blue wire is removed and then replaced.

Unfortunately my alarm system (META - DEFCOM3 or LEGOS4 for German) hasn't such a wire with this double functionality.
So I guess that I can't make the pager work as I wish   :'(

foxuk

I think my blue wire is connected to the ignition switch so when the key is switched off (removed) the blue wire goes ground initiating the range check.... when the ignition is switched back on.... the blue goes live (not grounded anymore)

Paul

Portishead

Quote from: foxuk on  15/12/08 - 17:00:24
I think my blue wire is connected to the ignition switch so when the key is switched off (removed) the blue wire goes ground initiating the range check.... when the ignition is switched back on.... the blue goes live (not grounded anymore)

Paul

Do you mean the orange coloured wire of the alarm system ?
Sorry for my english...but what do you mean with "connected to ignition switch" ?

Many thanx

foxuk

I will have a better look at the wires this weekend.

From what I can remember, There is permanant power to the transmitter direct from the battery.

Then there is a wire that goes ground when the iginition key is switched to the off position. I will check where I connected this wire at the weekend

Then the remaining connection goes to the trigger. In your case it will be your alarm system. (My trigger goes to a vibration detection module).

Paul