Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

13/05/24 - 05:22:11

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,915
  • Total Topics: 11,005
  • Online today: 83
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 51
Total: 51

51 Guests, 0 Users

Michelin Pilot Road 4 110/80 R19 59 V

Started by Big Fred, 14/04/14 - 13:51:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Fred

Long time no speak but need to know if anyone has had the Michelin Pilot Road 4 fitted yet?
The blurb says,,,
"Stops faster
Thanks to new XST+ sipes, MICHELIN Pilot Road 4 tyres stop faster in the wet than any other tyres in the category.

Lasts longer
Thanks to improved 2CT technology, new MICHELIN Pilot Road 4 tyres last up to 20% longer than the MICHELIN Pilot Road 3 tyre.

Grips the road in virtually all conditions
All-new silica-charged rubber compounds were developed for the MICHELIN Pilot Road 4 tyres. These compounds are specially formulated to provide excellent grip on a wide range of road surfaces, including painted lines and pedestrian crossings, making it easier for you to ride with confidence in virtually all conditions."

OPONEO http://www.oponeo.co.uk/moto-tyre-details/michelin-pilot-road-4-110-80-r19-59-v-front-tl-m-c#54652163 are doing them for ?103.00 inc free delivery which sounds like a good price (of course I'm not fitting it myself and therefore will pay a tenner to have it fitted)

Oh and I see the PD is still here  ;D
Must get out on the bike more this year, and even more next year.
Bikes is for riding, not for displaying in the front room....

varonda

Only just got a RP4 fitted to the rear so too early to tell but initial impression is that it's the same as the RP3 it replaced --still got RP3 on the front and as a pair they seem fine --the RP3 on the back did about 3.5 k miles and it wasn't completely
cream crackered but with a nail in it I deemed it better to replace than repair.
Will keep posting--you pays your money and makes your choice !!!
If the truth fits --wear it

steve razor

i've just ordered a pair..but the trail ones..Total Amount:  226.20 ....
got pr3 trail at moment & they're faultless..

snatch a kiss.....or vice versa

jackyork

Interested to know how they are. I went for PR3 road/ trail on the basis that they already have good feedback.
The blurb claims 17% more wear so I'll let you guys road test them.

My new boots feel great; just got them nicely scrubbed in.

JK
'12 reg XL1000VA, Previous; '08 XL1000V

RebuiltV3

Hmm 4s ... may have to try that next time round .... pends how much really .
My 3s work great
The Varabeast  !!!... not for the faint of heart ... :OP

Lifes an adventure , lets see where it takes us !?!

Tis great weather for ducks .... and Varadero`s

silverd

I've just put about 2500 Kms on new PR4 trails.
A little four day road trip on the new tires. I quite like them.
I had Anakee 3 before and Anakee 2 before that. The PR are a bit stiffer it seem than the Anakees but they seem to stick like glue in wet or dry.

Time will tell how long their life will be but can't really see any wear so far.

Big Fred

I've only just fitted my Michelin Pilot Road 4 trail's last week and only done 95 miles 2 up.
Had to almost do an emergency at 70 mph after only 30 miles and they didn't falter, in fact I forgot I had new tyres on after the 1st 10 miles.
I got mine from http://www.oponeo.co.uk/  Tel 0800 066 3422
The 150/70R17 69 V Rear TL was ?110 inc Del
The 10/80R19 59 V Front TL  was ?94 Inc Del
They came from Poland so I checked to see if Michelin had a factory there, and they do lol
Must get out on the bike more this year, and even more next year.
Bikes is for riding, not for displaying in the front room....

RebuiltV3

Got 1 on the back so far ...  so far so good ... different tread pattern but prob doesn't mean much n feels bit more solid  ( either that or i`ve remembered to pump it up this time ) ... still got a good prt 3 on front but all is well
But otherwise happy so far ....
The Varabeast  !!!... not for the faint of heart ... :OP

Lifes an adventure , lets see where it takes us !?!

Tis great weather for ducks .... and Varadero`s