Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 06:21:04

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 368
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 271
Total: 271

271 Guests, 0 Users

125 swing arm bolt

Started by Karlos, 09/12/19 - 09:55:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Karlos

Hey all,

Had some muppet swerve into me as I was filtering past and ripped off my footpeg and snapped the housing. £70 replacement second hand from ebay is on the way but I was wondering, has anyone had any exp in removing the swing arm bolt? how hard is it to undo this bolt to replace the holder?

https://imgur.com/a/eM8ZapX

I think I tried to look at this once before a few year back and was put off by this massive bolt, possibly no tools to tackle it, hopefully with the news ones I have now perhaps but who knows, might have to take it into a garage.

Gotta enjoy a nice ride home from work with a 1cm ledge to rest my foot.

XL125 Varadero 07

Geomurr

I've just bought a vara 125 that arrives today. Left foot peg and swing bolt are broken, I bought some universal ones from eBay. I'll let you know how it goes putting on if I remember

Karlos

Quote from: Geomurr on  13/12/19 - 14:20:14
I've just bought a vara 125 that arrives today. Left foot peg and swing bolt are broken, I bought some universal ones from eBay. I'll let you know how it goes putting on if I remember

I never got back online to update, I attempted to do this myself and failed because I did not have a 22mm socket. everything up to 21mm :(

Anyway, I had a choice, take it to the garage or go buy the bits, I opted for the garage, £15 and all sorted, turns out, had I gone to buy 1 22mm socket I would have failed again, as you need two of them to tighten the bar from the other side.

Problem you will have with yours is that the left side, you need to pull the bar out to remove the holder which means your swing arm will fall off, I read a tip that recommended buying a new bolt and using that to knock the other bolt out and when you are done, knock it back in again.

Good luck with your repairs.
XL125 Varadero 07