Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 04:40:23

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 263
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

153 Guests, 0 Users

Reg/Rec plug

Started by T3rry, 06/05/20 - 20:07:42

Previous topic - Next topic

T3rry

So I was having flat battery issues and replaced the battery to no avail, no pick up in voltage at the battery with a meter so ordered a reg/rec.

Came to fit it and found one of the yellow wires from the stator to be fried, taking out the reg and the whole plug with it. As I was in work whilst dismantling the whole melted mess and needed to get it back together, I decided to chop the plug and used insulated spade connectors to completely replace the plug and wired up the new reg.

To be honest it's all pretty solid and nicely wired. Just wondering if anyone else has ended up doing the same or if there could be any issues with leaving it how it is?

I expect from reading up that I'll need another replacement soon enough anyway and at that point I'll probably go for an after market one and hard wire the new plugs for that in.

tomhowe

The last time my reg/rec gave up the ghost, it also melted the plug and cooked the wires together.   I did exactly as you, and so far - maybe two years on - it seems to be still ok.

Just keep your fingers crossed!
My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious problems.

T3rry

Much appreciated. It's lasted a week so far so it's looking good.

Rafa

I think melted wiring is to do with poor connections. Make sure the Reg/Rec is properly earthed. I ran a separate earth wire to the battery.