Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

13/06/24 - 04:41:19

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2,728
  • Latest: Leo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,929
  • Total Topics: 11,009
  • Online today: 44
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 55
Total: 55

55 Guests, 0 Users

Beginning of the end for BMUU flat twin?

Started by Redeye, 01/10/05 - 09:50:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig67

Went to the Southport BMUU dealer today to have a look. While I was there one of the mechanics fell off one of those Bergman scooter things at about 10mph, really b*ggered up the scoot.  :rofl
HOC  29504

Harv

QuoteWarned not to apply the brakes when starting the engine as then the servo  won't work.
Didnt Mark H post a similar story from NZ about servo switching problems?
Has anyone checked the GS web site to see if there are similar occurrences happening elsewhere?
Joking apart...if there is a problem then BM should sort it...soon!
Stumpy.... I know what you mean about the telelever... it does seem rock solid and then lets go in a big way, I have to be honest...I didnt get on with my 1150 at all, thats why I sold it so soon, interesting to see they have gone for conventional forks on the HP2
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path..... and leave a trail...!

.....and remember, "Light travels faster than the speed of sound, which is why some people appear bright until they speak"

Varaderoguy

I would also like to say that BMUU's flat twin also owns it heritage to a Citroen 2CV.  Flat Twin Engine - 649cc.  They even sound the same.  How do I know...my parents own TWO of them. 

They have common features..

Engines go on forever.  My father's Orange 2CV has done 220,000 miles (twice around the clock); and the engine only uses a 'little oil'.

They don't do brakes

They don't do steering

They look kinda cool in a 60's hippy way...

Both are convertable - the BMUU comes as opentop as standard though

Rust - don't talk to me about Rust!

Somehow, they keep their value.  "Berty" the Orange 2CV is still worth 800 UKP.    Celiste the "Blue" 2CV is slightly less of classic, as it steers and brakes.

They both look - odd.  Its the round headlights that do it for me.

People actually laugh at them, but secretly they want one

So...I know that if I need a straight engine replacement for Berty, I will have plenty of GS1200's to keep me in supplies for years.
HOC member 28728 - IAM member 326140

xlrik

Max -  Your Dad has a 2CV?

That explains a lot!

Rik ::)
If life IS like a "box of chocolates" - then I got the one with all the bloody nuts in it!

The Prodded Dog

Rik, lets not go there. People have forgot I have a Smart car.
TPD
I can still do all the things I could when I was 21, but now it is with less teeth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtp4adNTP0Y

Stumpy

Quote from: Harv on  11/12/05 - 21:47:05

Stumpy.... I know what you mean about the telelever... it does seem rock solid and then lets go in a big way, I have to be honest...I didnt get on with my 1150 at all, thats why I sold it so soon, interesting to see they have gone for conventional forks on the HP2
Glad I'm not the only one! They must be an aquired taste and one I don't understand - like football. :laugh:
Everything is for the best, in this the best of all possible worlds

jimmysimpson

Quote from: Stumpy on  12/12/05 - 20:25:56
  Glad I'm not the only one! They must be an acquired taste and one I don't understand - like football. :laugh:

Just noticed this post but I have to say my bit cos I'm an apprentice gobsh1te.  I've tried a couple of these BMUU thingys and they're not as forgiving or predictable as the Cuban beach resort. I could get the GS to shake it's head violently on twisty bits and just disna feel as user friendly in general. I also hate fitba.    <moonie

See ya later. Welcome to the Scottish Riviera.

Craig67

Quote from: jimmysimpson on  25/12/05 - 11:51:31
I have to say my bit cos I'm an apprentice gobsh1te.?
I'm starting a correspondent's course in the new year if you want to sign up. You have to do the basic course before you move onto the advanced Bullsh@te course which will take about 6 months before you can dribble fluently.  ^-^ O0 ::)
HOC  29504

jimmysimpson

ok,sign me up. sounds good.          O0 :D
See ya later. Welcome to the Scottish Riviera.