Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

27/04/24 - 15:46:02

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2,723
  • Latest: AntG
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,915
  • Total Topics: 11,005
  • Online today: 49
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 47
Total: 47

47 Guests, 0 Users

F1 warning light

Started by MPM1968, 03/11/23 - 18:55:34

Previous topic - Next topic

MPM1968

HI Guys bit strange this one use my varadero daily for work this morning got to work fine put bike in shed went to leave work started bike and F1 warning light was flashi9ng bike was running as it should turned ignition off then back on F1 light stayed off and bike was fine left it for coulpe of hours same thing happened again so spryed electrical contact spray down ignition and on lamber sensor left it 3 hours seems ok now will check again in morning but getting worried as google showing 28 different warnings depending on how many flashes it does but like said when it flashed i turned key off and back on and it stayed off any help would be gratfull

S Barker

I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

MPM1968

many thanks for info but still have weird issue when bike is stone cold ie left over night in morning bike will start but red F1 light stays on? bike runs fine leave for 1 minute or so turn off restart and F1 light goes out and no further issues left bike standing for over an hour and half and was fine left it four hours and get same fault red F1 light stays on but will go out after a restart after couple of mins been told could possible be faulty temp sensor or lamber sensor as these obviously get hot and cold ? any help will be gratefull as do not want to spend on new ECM if it not nessasary many thanks in advance

MPM1968

HI Guys back to square one again on my 2007 vara xl125 f1 light would go out after 1min or so I've cleaned lambda sensor contacts on ecm and temp sensor also put injector cleaner in tank ? still same issue goes out after 1 min or so but i gave it some hi revs in neutral to give it  a blast out now the f1 light stays on all the time but bike starts first time and runs mint ( if i put side stand down with engine running it flashes 5 times but on f1 errors there's no 5 flash error ? ) but other day after 20 min run turned bike off and back on f1 light went off and stayed off but following morning its back on again but the bike runs completely as it should pulls sound in every gear all electrics are working as they should only thing im thinking is does it need to be reset on a diagnostic to clear any old faults but being quoted £60 for diag or should i just live with it as is as £60 to turn a light off is abit extreme any feed back would be very grateful

S Barker

I hadn't realised you were talking about and XL 125. I've moved teh post to a more appropriate section.

I only have access to a Honda XL125, OEM manual dated 2006.

It says :

CURRENT DTC/FREEZE DTC
The DTC is indicated in two ways according to the failure status.
• In case the ECM detects the problem at present, the MIL will come on and the MIL will start blinking
as its DTC when the sidestand is lowered. It is possible to readout the MIL blink pattern as the current
DTC.
• In case the ECM does not detect any problem at present but has a problem stored in its memory, the
MIL will not light and blink. If it is necessary to retrieve the past problem, readout the freeze DTC by
following the DTC readout procedure (page 5-12).

I've attached 2 of the relevant pages and, as you can see, it doesn't mention "5 blinks".  So either the 2007 model has extra mil codes or ?????

I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

MPM1968

many thanks and yes it 2007 xl125 ill see how i get on big thanks for info