Touring Forum > Touring General

Calais

(1/2) > >>

Bodysurfer:
Anybody done Calais lately on a bike? I can watch the news like everyone else, plus I have two sons who are back and forth through the tunnel several times a month. I can appreciate the problems for goods vehicles and car drivers. What with op stack, striking French ferry people and fighting off migrants on the way back its murder on 4 wheels. I'm looking to do a short jaunt across in September and would be interested as to whether ?filtering it? is a goer or am I going to spent hours waiting about, bike or not.

The Prodded Dog:
Can't we just open the tunnel at midnight to pedestrian traffic and then flood it about 3 am???
Works for me.

The Prodded Dog

Varareco:

--- Quote from: Bodysurfer on August 01, 2015, 07:03:25 PM ---Anybody done Calais lately on a bike? I can watch the news like everyone else, plus I have two sons who are back and forth through the tunnel several times a month. I can appreciate the problems for goods vehicles and car drivers. What with op stack, striking French ferry people and fighting off migrants on the way back its murder on 4 wheels. I'm looking to do a short jaunt across in September and would be interested as to whether ?filtering it? is a goer or am I going to spent hours waiting about, bike or not.

--- End quote ---

I'm booked on a ferry from Calais in Sept too  :-[

aboynamedsue:
I'm up for TPDs plan. Can I operate the water?

S Barker:
Used the tunnel on the way to and from VIM in France earlier this year but that was before the trouble really started and we didnt have any problems.

Booked to travel again  in 2 weeks (4 wheels) for a trip to Spa for the GP, fingers crossed !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version