Garmin compatible TT route gpx file ??

Started by Wack, 04/08/13 - 15:42:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Wack

Hello folks,

I'm spending a few days on the Isle of Man next week, and would like to ride the TT route.

Is there anyone out there that has a Garmin compatible TT route gpx file please ??

Thanking you in advance.

Bye for now.

Wack
It's not a hobby, it's in yer blood ! !

loudpedal

Hi.

Theres no need for a gps file to follow the famous mountain course.
The course is easily followed at any time of year.

Check dates for the manx gp as its on soon ln the sams course.

Loudpedal
Keep her on the pipe
HOC 29080

loudpedal

Keep her on the pipe
HOC 29080

numptyspence

Its easy enough to follow like LP says but you ask so i provide

http://www.runningfreeonline.com/Map/Create/Course/4687

Use the download tab on the right

enjoy the place its great anytime of the year

YoU CaNt AlWaYs GeT WhAt YoU WaNt BuT If YoU TrY YoU MiGhT JuSt GeT WhAt YoU nEeD .................. ;->

Wack

Thankyou for your input chaps. I'm there this coming weekend. Guess it would all have been significantly more expensive had it coincided with the GP - bit of a shame though.

Bye for now and thanks.

Wack

loudpedal

Enjoy your trip
While there take a run to the calf sound at the southern end and the lighthouse at the most northern point of the Island.

Loudpedal
Keep her on the pipe
HOC 29080

Wack

Hello again folks, please excuse my stupidity, but once you've downloaded this file to your satnav, where is it - how do you open it  ??  It just seems to be on there as a list of waypoints - not a self contained route  >:(

This is very frustrating. The satnav is a Garmin 2595, and the instructions don't offer any real advice  !!!

Helpppp !

Wack

Wack

Thanks Loudpedal,will do - certainly won't be following any route on satnav anyway. Can't make any sense whatsoever of the route I've downloaded from the link that numptyspence very kindly sent me !!

Bye for now.

Wack

loudpedal

Try this mate

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=A2&daddr=A1+to:Lezayre+Rd%2FA3+to:54.1719561,-4.468789+to:54.1713015,-4.4693606+to:A2&hl=en&ll=54.225905,-4.496841&spn=0.26252,0.727158&sll=54.171668,-4.468826&sspn=0.001027,0.00284&geocode=FeSIOgMdAKq7_w%3BFTsROwMdDV65_w%3BFTrjPAMdtgy9_w%3BFTSZOgMdy8-7_ylthm09KoVjSDGJ8_43wM8dHA%3BFaWWOgMdkM27_ykTvp8pKoVjSDEPK8_4k7iOPw%3BFR-LOgMdFK-7_w&t=h&mra=dvme&mrsp=4&sz=19&via=3,4&z=11

With the Manx GP in just over a weeks time you will find the course very well marked.
Once you find it, just follow in a clockwise direction. The only section closed to public is the hairpin over a an old bridge where they come back to Governers Rd(can't remember the name)then a blast to the finish line.
The pits start/finish area is on the A2 around A - D on the map ( if it works)

Loudpedal
Keep her on the pipe
HOC 29080

MotoGoLoo

(sorry about that - I found this by searching for something similar and thought it might be of use)

Isle of Man TT Course with free GPS/ITN route file download:

https://www.motogoloco.com/map?route=11912

Enjoy!  :)