New Bike

Started by moelack, 12/03/13 - 18:56:43

Previous topic - Next topic

moelack

In 2011 I bought a New Varadero from a Honda Dealer The Speedo was in MPH (Illegal in Ireland)They changed it for one in KPH. I have since discovered that it is a 2009 Bike. Was there any differences between 2009 and 2011 Bikes. Do I have any comeback with Honda. Also the front forks are coroded

LazyRider

If the forks are badly corroded, I would have thought the dealer would do something about it.
Did you buy the bike from an Irish dealer, did you get a discount on the Honda price?  What sort of comeback are you looking for?

welshwizard

Your "comeback" depends on lots of factors my friend.
How was the 'dero described to you either verbally or on paper?
Is it described as XL1000 VA/9?
I think if it was sold 'brand new', zero miles, straight from the factory, the dealer will have to sort you out. If however you have not read the description properly, you misunderstood what the salesman said, or it was sold as a per-owned/registered machine, I think you might need professional advice.
I have had to contact Honda UK for a problem I was having with my dealer and if you are being messed around by a genuine registered Honda dealership and Honda agrees with your complaint, the head office comes down hard on their dealerships for messing customers around.
As you are in The Republic, I don't think Honda UK can help you, but all dealerships are accountable to their manufacturer, so you need to go up the chain.
Good luck.
ww
Its nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

gingerchin

Hi
could the bike have been sitting in the showroom as new for 2 years ? and you unwittingly purchased it thinking "ive bought a brand new dero in 2011" so its an '11 bike ? but as there is absolutely no difference in an 09 bike bar the color and price . did you pay 11 price or 09 price ? thats where id challenge them , as for the forks warranty should allow replace/repair foc ,  out of interest what color is it ?
HOC 28770
I GOT FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES                                                              
Treat lifes little  problems like your dog would, if you cant eat it or shag it,  PISS ON IT and walk away !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vK4zJ80l5M

moelack

The Bike is Grey and Black I paid full 2011 price Tradeing a BMUU GS1200. As for Forks Honda say it is out of Warranty.

moelack

Sorry my typeing got messed up BMUU not BMUU. When I bought the Bike there was no Mention that it was a 2009, I bought it from a Honda  dealer who eventually went out of Buisness and now Lo and behold he is working as a mechanic with Honda Ireland When I bought the Bike he fitted Oxford grips an Autocom and wired for SAT Nav. For weeks after the battery kept going flat Which he tried to rectify to no avail and HondaIreland eventually took it and rewired it as he had wired it incorrectly.Now that he is with Honda I am reluctant to give them the bike for any work.

The Prodded Dog

Site will not allow BMUU to be typed correctly.
Same as Harley Davidson. Used to come up as tractor.
Moderators little joke
The Prodded Dog
I can still do all the things I could when I was 21, but now it is with less teeth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtp4adNTP0Y

Harv

shhhhhh.... you cant go calling the moderator a 'little joke'...
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path..... and leave a trail...!

.....and remember, "Light travels faster than the speed of sound, which is why some people appear bright until they speak"

Tarwdu

Oh yes you can.
Ask him what does he ride these days ? !!
My initials are GS, but I ride a Varadero.

moelack

Come on Lads les of the joviality. Any concreteuggestions

moelack

Done it again any concrete suggestions

gingerchin

legal advice needed now id say
HOC 28770
Treat lifes little  problems like your dog would, if you cant eat it or shag it,  PISS ON IT and walk away !

S Barker

Quote from: gingerchin on  14/03/13 - 17:58:10
legal advice needed now id say

I'm not sure that There's much point.

Any legal argument you might have would be with the dealer that sold you the bike (doesn't matter if they were a Honda dealer or not). If the dealer is no longer trading who can you take to court ?

The only option is to write a nice polite letter to Honda Ireland detailing all the facts and hope for some sympathy.
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

gingerchin

Quote from: moelack on  13/03/13 - 20:02:44
  As for Forks Honda say it is out of Warranty.

when in 2011 did you buy it ? warranty should only kick in on date of purchase/registration !! 2 years .
HOC 28770

Two Plugs NL

Did you check the bikes identification / registration tag on the frame before making the purchase? On that one its made clear in which year the bike was manufactured.

In The Netherlands f.e. a 2000 build bike (carburettor), can be sold for 2004 (registration of licence) at an official Honda agent, despite the fact that the carb MK1 Dero have been replaced by injection model in 2003...

My bike is a '11 (Colour white was only available in that year), but on my licence, its a '12 bike. Happy me - because if I decide to trade it for something different, it will be traded as a '12...

Some times the marked can be confusing...  :o

On the corroded thing... I would say that's the dealers warranty. In the NL its obligatory that any used motor-vehicle purchased at an official registered agent / dealer should have an minimum of 6 months BOVAG (MOT) warranty which can be compared with the official warranty when purchased new. Is there something like that in Ireland?

Two Plugs NL
Founder of VIM
www.varadero-international.com