Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

28/03/24 - 23:04:19

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 263
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 51
Total: 51

51 Guests, 0 Users

Fairing screen extenders

Started by Aussie Deros, 04/11/19 - 08:19:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussie Deros

Looking to get a fairing screen extender , wind buffeting is annoying as I am just short of 6ft, looking for members views on brands and models? thanks Noel

Pielight

The MRA touring is a popular choice which many seem to swear by but others say it's ineffective- it all boils down to your stature, ergos, etc. Do a search and you'll see quite a few opinions.

I very recently fitted one and did 1500 miles in 5 days and found it a very significant improvement for my 6 foot. I am getting another bike tomorrow so this will become surplus to requirements but judging by your user name this would unlikely be logistically practical for you if you were interested in it.

BigYin

Most of the buffeting comes from a low pressure area forming behind the screen as the bike is travelling at speed, and the air rushing in to fill that void is what is actually causing the buffeting.

I've got a 'screen adaptor' kit from http://www.palmerproducts.co.uk/ - it holds the screen away from the fairing allowing air to pass under the screen, preventing the low pressure area being created.

I'm 6'6" - after fitting that riser I'd honestly reckon the buffeting was reduced by a good 90% !!

I've covered over 50,000 miles on the bike with that screen adaptor - bloody brilliant bit of kit - and it allows you a good range of screen heights and angles.

Toomanytoys

My 99 was terrible. Several costly options and didn't want to make a mistake so bought a cheap adjustable clamp on one off amazon. Came from China, arrived quick and decent quality it works a treat even in the lowest setting on the stock screen.