Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 05:38:14

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 361
Total: 361

361 Guests, 0 Users

ACF 50 and Brakes

Started by HEDLEY326, 06/05/19 - 07:28:01

Previous topic - Next topic

HEDLEY326

I'm getting flack for this, but bear with.

So I'm off on deployment for a bit. Cleaned the Bike. (Old xl1000). Let it dry. Removed pads. Sprayed it with ACF 50. As in everywhere. Brakes, wheels the lot. Come back off deployment. Use a degreaser. Clean and rinse. Brake cleaner on all brake parts. Pads back in. THEN ride away........what is the issue with it???

John J

I'm guessing the brakes aren't working very well. ACF 50 is well known for being really difficult to remove. Most places on the bike you don't need to remove it anyway but brake discs and tyres are the one place you don't want any. I would try petrol to clean the discs.

HEDLEY326

Brakes are like new, as I've rebuilt the calipers.
To be honest, I'm just going to spray degreaser, rinse, bike wash, rinse and spray some cheap brake cleaner on the brakes to be safe. This isn't a regular thing, but a once in a blue moon treatment. I seriously do not believe that after a degreaser, wash and brake cleaner , there's anything to be worried about and it stops the calipers furring up with mould.

mr_diver

You said remove pads, then spray with ACF50- Can't see why not.
I'd avoid getting it on the caliper seals and they might not react well to it.
The disks are just metal and will wash off fine.- The pads won't but you said you'd remove them before hand.

People see the thread tile of "ACF-50 on brakes", don't read the whole info and go off on one.

I asked the GSX1400 owners group how far can you raise the forks through the clamps to lower the seat height for my sort arse wife to be a bit more sure footed...
The responses were to" fit a jack up kit if I wanted it to turn faster" - FFS!

HEDLEY326

Fucking hell.....doesn't exactly answer the question for you, does it mate.