Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

20/04/24 - 05:53:20

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2,722
  • Latest: carlfh
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,914
  • Total Topics: 11,004
  • Online today: 57
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 42
Total: 42

42 Guests, 0 Users

headlamp adjustment

Started by jimmysimpson, 07/11/06 - 23:06:07

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmysimpson

Anyone know how to adjust the headlamp on an 06 Vara ?
I didna get a handbook wi mine.    :idiot2:
See ya later. Welcome to the Scottish Riviera.

CBFer

If it's the same as an '05 then according to the handbook you first of all need to remove both Upper Cowl Covers. Once they are out of the way you will see two knobs, one on either side, which you turn counterclockwise to lower and clockwise to raise the headlight aim.

jimmysimpson

Cheers for that min. I'll hae anither look at the weekend.     O0
See ya later. Welcome to the Scottish Riviera.

S Barker

Jimmy

There are 4 adjusters. A knob and a Screw for each light unit (see picture below).

Ye dinna need to remove the cowls to get to either of them.

SB

I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

Varaderoguy

If you feel past the forks, under the black plastic, then you will find a knurled wheel.  This is your light adjustment.  I assuming you are trying to up the lights on your 2006 - they are by standard set tooooo loooowwww to make night riding any use.  Set them to top of UK limit = useable.

GOTCHA - be warned..on my 2003 Vara (it was no.12 off the production line), the headlight adjustment had a nasty habbit off falling off the end stop.  I THINK honda fixed this one PDQ, but just watch out for this one.
HOC member 28728 - IAM member 326140

Craig67

Bike just failed MOT for the headlamp being too high, funny though as it has never been touched in the 5 years I've had the bike but this time the lights are too high. Anyway, before I go in with all hammers tools flying, which is it? knurled screw or 4 screws, VA4  model.
HOC  29504

S Barker

Have you tried the two knobs shown below and marked "Vertical Beam Adjusting kn*b" on the Drawing  <doh>

Have you looked at the rear suspension ??

Craig67

I've now found the drawing........... that will teach me to only half search the forum.
I did get an advisory on the rear suspension, but that was for some slight corrosion on the crome, but had that last year too. ( I may even get around to fixing it one day) so can't see that is the issue yet.
The guy who did the test is a bit of a plonker though, Said he had a Varadero a few years ago, but it was shaft driven. He is 5'1" tall and can't sit on this one so I will take his comments with a pinch of salt.
HOC  29504

Blackscorpion

Quote from: Varaderoguy on  18/11/06 - 11:53:29
If you feel past the forks, under the black plastic, then you will find a knurled wheel.  This is your light adjustment.  I assuming you are trying to up the lights on your 2006 - they are by standard set tooooo loooowwww to make night riding any use.  Set them to top of UK limit = useable.

GOTCHA - be warned..on my 2003 Vara (it was no.12 off the production line), the headlight adjustment had a nasty habbit off falling off the end stop.  I THINK honda fixed this one PDQ, but just watch out for this one.
My adjustment bolt has indeed fell off the damn end stop! I can't get the damn thing back in to bite on the threads. Any suggestions?

S Barker

Quote from: Blackscorpion on  28/09/17 - 22:31:17
My adjustment bolt has indeed fell off the damn end stop! I can't get the damn thing back in to bite on the threads. Any suggestions?

Your original post was in the 125 section and mentioned a 2002 XL 125. This post relates to XL 1000 and it's likely that there will be limited commonality !