Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 11:45:52

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 368
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 71
Total: 71

71 Guests, 0 Users

1000 shocks

Started by Buster1450, 01/02/19 - 19:17:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Buster1450

Hi guys my two fork sliders are looking a little pitted but not reaching the seals yet but is there any other bike forks that will fit as the Varadero ones seem a little pricey?

It's a 2002 carb model

S Barker

One of the things that separates the Varadero from other Honda's is the long suspension travel.
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

black rider

when I picked up my 1000 the forks were a little pitted and fork seals leaked . I learnt on the net the best cure is to file off the high point of the pitting so its flush and treat with acf 50 or another corrosion preventive product to keep it under bay its been fine since I  done it the winer of  2015 /2016  I changed the fork seals  buying original fitment nok  seal  I picked them up from brook suspension . I learnt that diamond files are best I picked up a set of draper ones like are for sale on e bay 150mm in a set of 6 for ?15 except mine have no handles . its only the high point of the pitting that tears the seals once you gently file the pit flush and smooth it will be fine . I check mine after hibernation every year .

I haven't been on my Varadero since October I cant wait to get the old girl out again in march remining myself of the fine machine it is watching videos of them on you tube . I bought another bike in November so that  got all the attention for a few weeks until it was just like the Varadero  licked clean and treated with acf50 and put away safe from  the road salt . it being so mild in  December and January my old transalp 600 seen a lot of road hope to pull it  out for a little blast this week coming once its not too cold I don't care .

Buster1450

Thanks for the reply,
I have done just that for the time being but I will keep an eye out for some good second hand forks as the bike is my winter bike its also covered in ACF50.
My transalp goes to its new home on the weekend after its MOT`D

Stay safe buddy.