Aldi Clothing

Started by Grievesy, 01/04/14 - 17:01:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Grievesy

Howdy, was in the local ALDI doing the weekly shop and came across CRANE motorcycle jeans with padding at the knees etc at a snip of a price of ?30. anyone else tried this stuff? fits really well and just looks and feels like a cheaper version of Draggin. any one have any more info on this? had a look at the internet for reviews and found some positive reviews for most of their gear...
Fitted: Centre Stand, heated grips, hand guards,  GIVI tall windshield, GIVI E22 panniers & topbox

Drooling at: Bellypan

Living the dream!

alan4298

Its crap...Get RST jeans at least
Givi Windscreen
Xenon headlights
Centre Stand
Heated Grips
Belly Pan
Givi Panniers
Givi Top-box
Conti-go Tyres
Cyclone V2 alarm

blowen123

you get what you pay for these days if you can afford a little extra in the begining it'll be worth it in the end. i picked up a pair of red route for ?50 reduced fron ?100 in a sale. may not be as good as draggin jeans but really good quality for the money

jackyork

I went down the road on my arse in some Aldi ?30 bike trousers and both they and arse survived pretty well. The continentals rate both Aldi and Lidl bike gear but as with all things for our activity, beware and inspect.
I have some Hood Kevlar denim jeans and fortunately haven't tested them but I really don't like them: they're heavy and hot and I much prefer leather, or proper textiles with 'armour' or shorts.

JK
'12 reg XL1000VA, Previous; '08 XL1000V

alan4298

As i said RST do great "normal looking" means in Black denim with Kevlar and Armor at knees and hips. You could go to pub wearing them and no one would know you rode here\
Givi Windscreen
Xenon headlights
Centre Stand
Heated Grips
Belly Pan
Givi Panniers
Givi Top-box
Conti-go Tyres
Cyclone V2 alarm

Grievesy

Read quite a few positive reviews on them on other places on the net, bought 2 pairs :), budget ones for sure but they seem to do the job, when I get my bigger bike will upgrade protection :)
Fitted: Centre Stand, heated grips, hand guards,  GIVI tall windshield, GIVI E22 panniers & topbox

Drooling at: Bellypan

Living the dream!