Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 04:47:42

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 220
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 240
Total: 240

240 Guests, 0 Users

Aftermarket Exhaust

Started by Iceman1.1, 11/08/17 - 21:08:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Iceman1.1

Ok.
Just one question is there any real gains from a Stainless steel system from the standard

Tassuperkart

The stock system is reasonably heavy and sounds pretty average.
Youll definitely loose some weight and gain some sound.
Power advantage? Incremental at best.
Only you can determine if the money spent is worth it.

E

Blackscorpion

I'd be interested in knowing more about this?

Iceman1.1

Well after No advice at all.  I got me a 350mm SL10 Delkevic rear box and down pipe off e-bay,
Delivery was 2days vey well packed and complete will easy fitting instructions...
Took about 30 minutes to remove old heavy standard pipes,new system had all new bolts and even silicon sealer for joints, sorted line up, tighten up check all. And fire her up, no revs just tick over till warm, short road trip...BRILLIANT revs a lot cleaner pulls outta corners in high gears very smooth..well pleased
Buy the way.   SOUNDS AWESOME...But not to much nice deep throughly  sound....
So it fits perfect sounds great. And killer looks...

Tassuperkart

Pix, or it didnt happen!

E

Iceman1.1

Yer right.  Disbeliever 😎
No idea how to post pictures sorry

Karlos

I have been toying with the idea of a new exhaust, problem is it is incredibly difficult to know how it is really going to sound. a lot of videos on youtube are taken with potatoes and sound crap.

Seen a leo once in the wild on a vara, but my own bike was too noisy and with the helmet on it was too hard to actually hear.

What made you pick this particular exhaust?
XL125 Varadero 07

Iceman1.1

Hey.
Several factors, cost , looks, and sound. Wife. 😎
My budget was ?200 so fell just under , it looks the mutts nuts...
As for sound my friend said it sounds like a super moto , another argues its a V twin he thinks it sounds like a mini me Harley, everyone has a different perception and hearing band width ..unfortunately I am deaf ! So all I hear is like 20 percent sound ...with hearing aids...
Dekevic web site was good ,e-bay also good.
every different pipe and Box for the Varadero was accompanied by a real picture of it fitted go look for yourselves
All I can say is I is happy with it.   Chuffed you might say, but each one to his or her own .
I have also noticed as more miles are eaten up it's getting a deeper Tone , and No not tried with with DB killers out....

scratcher

Quote from: Iceman1.1 on  11/09/17 - 19:20:48
Hey.
Several factors, cost , looks, and sound. Wife. 😎
My budget was ?200 so fell just under , it looks the mutts nuts...
As for sound my friend said it sounds like a super moto , another argues its a V twin he thinks it sounds like a mini me Harley, everyone has a different perception and hearing band width ..unfortunately I am deaf ! So all I hear is like 20 percent sound ...with hearing aids...
Dekevic web site was good ,e-bay also good.
every different pipe and Box for the Varadero was accompanied by a real picture of it fitted go look for yourselves
All I can say is I is happy with it.   Chuffed you might say, but each one to his or her own .
I have also noticed as more miles are eaten up it's getting a deeper Tone , and No not tried with with DB killers out....

i have sbk Leo vince,,,,,wat a sound out of these/ truly awesome sound

Iceman1.1

I have removed the baffle out of mine
Sounds nice and deep pops on the over run sometimes too.