Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 08:46:48

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 368
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 69
Total: 69

69 Guests, 0 Users

Varadero 125 'Bouncing' Speedo Problem

Started by ArcticPanda, 05/10/18 - 12:37:54

Previous topic - Next topic

ArcticPanda

I was riding home from work the other day, and all of a sudden, my speedo dropped to zero. Then a few seconds later it bounced back up and started swaying between 0mph and 40mph randomly.

I didn't do anything, and went to work the next day, and the speedo seemed fine, until about 20 minutes later when I was cruising steadily at 40mph, and it swayed around again (not quite as erratically).

Once I went back to less steady speeds and started braking, it seemed to stop swaying again.

Any ideas?

I have the 2007 Honda Varadero 125cc model

Taught2BeCautious

Earlier models have a mechanical / electronic speedo, later models are electronic only.

2007 was a 'changeover' year, so do you have a speedo drive cable coming from the left-hand side of the front wheel?

If so, check that the inner cable is well greased and hasn't started to come apart.  Also check the electrical connector block at the back of the speedo head and make sure both parts are clean and tight.

If not, just check the connector block as above.

Also, check that you have a good earth between battery and frame, battery and engine block, and frame and engine block.