Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

23/04/24 - 08:05:06

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,915
  • Total Topics: 11,005
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 25
Total: 26

25 Guests, 1 User
S Barker

b&b near lyon france

Started by mickeyflyn, 31/03/14 - 21:36:51

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeyflyn

Anyone suggest some b&b's near lyon in france, or is it best to wing it ?
If it ain't broke don't fix it !

jackyork

If you're two up, formule 1 are cheap. Solo, need to compare prices as they vary by location. ?10 difference is a lot when solo, not so critical when halved. Also Etap. Campanille. get a book as soon as you land.

JK
'12 reg XL1000VA, Previous; '08 XL1000V

tomhowe

Wing it, it adds to the interest.   Also, I've always found it more interesting to be close to the centre of a town or city rather than on the outskirts or on the edge of a business park where the chain hotels tend to be.

Don't be afraid to haggle a bit over the asking price either, putting on a disappointed face and saying 'that's a bit more than I wanted to pay' often produces a better price than you'd expect!   No matter what the class of accommodation, they want their rooms filled.   This has worked everywhere from here to Romania! 

And I've always found that motorcyclists are welcomed.
My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious problems.

numptyspence

I agree don't plan it to death. Just go with the flow.

That's when you find those amazing places you didn't think existed anymore.

YoU CaNt AlWaYs GeT WhAt YoU WaNt BuT If YoU TrY YoU MiGhT JuSt GeT WhAt YoU nEeD .................. ;->

mickeyflyn

Thanks guys .I have found one 5 hours ride from calais in south burgundy biker friendly and 50 euros a night for me and thr mrs . Just have to find one somewhere between turin and rome for the second night as the third night we will be at the house .
If it ain't broke don't fix it !

jackyork

50 euro a night is near the top end and you'd really want to spend some trime in the hotel rather than just sleep, eat  & go. The Formula 1s are definitely just stops, rather like hard top camping.
Do you speak Italian or French? If not get Elisabeth Smith's 'Instant Italian' (& French). ?16 at last pricing, best learning method I've ever come across and aids 'dealing' no end.

Buono viage!

JK
'12 reg XL1000VA, Previous; '08 XL1000V