Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

18/04/24 - 16:28:54

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2,722
  • Latest: carlfh
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,914
  • Total Topics: 11,004
  • Online today: 179
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 87
Total: 87

87 Guests, 0 Users

Calling all Aussies and Kiwis

Started by Nickj, 30/01/13 - 10:40:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickj

Callling all Aussies and Kiwis!!

We now have our own regional section where we can organise local trips and where to buy Varadero stuff etc.

I'm Nick, I have a 2000 Model 1000cc Varadero. I have owned it since Nov 2012. Previously I had a Honda ST1100 and before that, a Honda Dominator. I have also been 4wding for about 7yrs and organise a lot of 4wd trips too.

I live at Heath Hill in Victoria which is 100km south east of Melbourne, on a small hobby farm with my wife, son and daughter.

So,, get talking and see if we can organise a ride  one day. I am in contact with the Honda St forum guys and go riding with them, although they don't do any dirt rd riding.

Nick
2000 Varadero, Givi panniers and top box, Metzellers

Aussie dero

G'day Nick ,i'm the other end of the country,Emerald Queensland give us a holler if your through here some time.Noel

Minion

G'day Guys,

Got an '09 Vara XL1000V here in the West (Perth, to be precise).
You fellas still active on this forum?  Any other Aussies out there...???

Minion (Steve).

bruceg

Hi there
I'm on the Gold coast and have just got a 2008 XL1000V
My next run will be to Bendemeer on the 9th of November
Keep the sunny Side up and be safe.

bruceg

I have a question re fuel injection system the manual that I have and one that I was given by way of this forum. (many thanks), both copies only have details for carbys not fuel injection even though they are to cover 1998 to 2008 any help or suggestion would be greatfull.
Regards
Bruce

Minion

Hello...Hello...Hello...Hello...Hello...Hello...
Sure does echo in here..!!   ;D

silverd

It echoes all the way to Canada...  :D

RebuiltV3

We got a walkabout pub here in sunny Plymouth does that count ?
The Varabeast  !!!... not for the faint of heart ... :OP

Lifes an adventure , lets see where it takes us !?!

Tis great weather for ducks .... and Varadero`s

hurricane100

hi all
ilive in south east qld and I have owned own 2000 model vara for nearly ten years now and have put 130000kms on it most of it with our classic trailer on the back
we would still be riding it around happily if I hadn t hit a large grey kangaroo out west
we are still trying to get a parts to repair it
so in our travels looking for parts my wife found us a 2009 vara with all the fruit on for a great price
so if you are in south east qld let us know and we can catch up
cheers
colin

SHeads Trippin

Hi there,
I live in the Shoalhaven south of Sydney. I have a 1999 model with 140k and still going strong. I bought it in June and ride it to travel to jobs in the area. Very comfy and easy to ride. I know of a few other Varos in the area. I need to buy some disc pads and would appreciate any advice on where to get some at the best price.
Cheers Phil G

Nickj

Well, after 4 or 5 years with the Varadero, it's time to hang up my helmet.
The last time I went out, was an easy? trip up some local dirt roads. Nothing more than a dirt road. I happen to misjudge 2 sections and had 2 very slow (almost stationary) falls.
The first, the front wheel slipped down a slight embankment, just enough to prop it up on the panniers. No damage to bike or rider except for the embarrassment of the rider in front of a spectator. Lucky he was there as I couldn't pick it up by myself and needed a hand.
The second, only slightly faster.... There's a puddle, don't go in the puddle, don't go in the puddle, [/size]don't go in the puddle. You guess where I ended up! I had to walk a way to get mobile phone service to call a friend to help me out.
[/size]So, if I can't pick it up, I guess I shouldn't be riding any more. plus the fact that I dropped it twice in one day.
[/size]Thanks to all for the helpful information along the way.
[/size]Happy riding!
[/size]
[/size]Nick
[/size]PS. Now I live within ear shot of one of the most popular wiggly rides in Gippsland, Victoria - the road from the Mt Baw Baw Tourist Rd, down through Hill End, Willow Grove (my town) down through to Moe, or up to Walhalla.
2000 Varadero, Givi panniers and top box, Metzellers