Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 06:35:38

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 368
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 238
Total: 238

238 Guests, 0 Users

Addons

Started by bikky, 26/06/18 - 11:39:36

Previous topic - Next topic

bikky

Hi all.

Just waiting for confirmation to pick up my baby 'dero.  Only a CBT holder at the moment

I'm going to be an all year rider (being as my car does 25-28mpg on the commute and takes up to an hour in the queues, where a push bike is an hour and motorbike is 30 mins)

So would like some ideas for additions to the bike.

1. I'm thinking of hand guards... more to protect from direct winter wind than protection. I'll assess heated grips later.

2. Crash bars.  If I'm riding in winter, it's likely I may end up down side up, so want to protect the expensive bits, I've seen the Heed ones, but they only seem to do front?  any other suggestions and particularly for rears?

3. Fog/spot lights.  Looking for additional lighting, probably to go on crash bars, but will want extra for "those" nights.

4. Rear fog lights. Being that the rear end of motorbikes don't necessarily have sufficient rear lighting in fog.  Thinking of a pair of small side LED's to act as fogs.  Has anyone done this?

5. Exhaust.  I've no doubt the standard is more than sufficient, but I think a little more noise.  I'm not a loud exhaust person, but something a little louder, and not silly pricey either.  Although a twin option might also be good here.

If anyone has suggestions for any/all of the above, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks.

black rider

welcome along Addons your aptly named  ;D and on the right track a rear fog light is a good idea I seen on on a well sorted transalp  it had the full kit probably a chain oiler and heated grips and all but hard to see as it passed me by . led spot lights off e bay can be had for  ?15 but will require a squirt of silicone to make them water proof and a little led stop /tail light for a fiver for back up  run of the tail end wires I would imagine a fog light will only cost about the same run it off the tail light trough a handlebar switch and run your spots off the front park bulb trough the switch provided . heated gloves are the best option as they warm all your hand and can go from bike to bike as you trade up and bar muffs too as they are not bike particular . might as well sell off the car now as your wont bother with it anymore  ;)   

Taught2BeCautious

Hand Guards are a good idea - I started off with a cheap 'Universal' pair off eBay, but I was impressed with how effective they were in sleet, rain and snow, I eventially bought a genuine Honda set for the Vara 1000, and modified them to fit exactly.

Couple that with a decent pair of winter gloves, and some thermal silk inner gloves from one of those popular mountaineering shops, snd you won't be able to tell if heated grips are on or off.

Also woth considering - a 'Belly Pan' to protect the engine and exhaust, and a rear hugger to protect the rear suspension and electrics.

Karlos

Quote from: Taught2BeCautious on  02/07/18 - 14:59:23'Belly Pan'

These things are incredibly difficult to come by
XL125 Varadero 07

EMC

I realise this is a bit of a long shot, but, might someone very kindly post up the belly pan and centre stand measurements (i realise there are two kinds of centre stand) because I just might fab a few bits up myself as I am a coded welder.

Cheers.