Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

13/05/24 - 10:13:39

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,915
  • Total Topics: 11,005
  • Online today: 83
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 51
Total: 51

51 Guests, 0 Users

MCE

Started by Raineuk, 08/09/14 - 09:51:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineuk

MCE
Is it me or are MCN insurance t**ts. Passed my mod 2, so now have a full bike license. Also full car licence for the last 25 years. Went on the phone to mcn this morning to inform them and they charge me the admin fee's. but they also increased the premium by ?20 for a bloody 125cc vara. So to insure a baby vara with a full license costs me ?180. no convictions, 2 years no claims. I checked out the cost of a 600cc fazer and that was quoted at ?90. It just doesn't make sense. Dropping them like a hot rock when the renewal comes around.
If you believe in fate, don't blame me for my actions.

Raineuk

Dam it. Not MCN its MCE
Come on we can all be knobs
If you believe in fate, don't blame me for my actions.

numptyspence

Ah insurance companies they get to ream you at will  :o

All you can do is wait until renewal and call around. I suppose you could cancel now and call around but that normally leaves you worse off.

It might be worth doing some advance training with either Rospa or iam then you would get a discount especially at the start of your big bike riding

Sorry not much help but you are not alone  :)
YoU CaNt AlWaYs GeT WhAt YoU WaNt BuT If YoU TrY YoU MiGhT JuSt GeT WhAt YoU nEeD .................. ;->

jackyork

I wonder if it has anything to do with the ridiculous price of Honda spares? The estimate to put my big Vara back to pre slow speed spill is ?3,100.

JK
'12 reg XL1000VA, Previous; '08 XL1000V

aboynamedsue

I got a quote from MCE via a comparison site which came in at ?120 for my 2012 1000 VAB. I was happy with that, but I had to phone them because I have a Honda Lead SCV100 on my policy as well and wanted to add it, which you cannot do online. I was told then that the cost of the policy with the Lethal Lead on board would be ?260. REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! I hung up sharpish and stuck with Open and Direct.  :-\

BruceB

I got insurance recently for ?99 fully comp, protected and including business use with no no claims (been on classic bike insurance for years that hasn't got no claims)
Admittedly I have had a car licence for 30 and bike for 20 years but was quite pleasently surprised. It was even with one of the bigger well know companies.
  I supose I do live in Scotland and in a low crime area of the country but still........
There are limits to intelligence but someone always manages to be a better idiot.

Toomanytoys

Who?s that with BruceB??
Just returning to biking after a 7 year spell and of course not got ncb had my licience 30 years. 
Cheers
Si

S Barker

Quote from: Toomanytoys on  19/03/19 - 17:06:30
Who?s that with BruceB??
Just returning to biking after a 7 year spell and of course not got ncb had my licience 30 years. 
Cheers
Si

Look at the date ?
I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops