Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

13/05/24 - 05:04:27

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,915
  • Total Topics: 11,005
  • Online today: 83
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 58
Total: 58

58 Guests, 0 Users

Boots

Started by Trada, 06/07/14 - 15:04:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Trada

Ok guys what's best most comfortable boots you have for biking?
I have some oxtars that used on road bikes but don't look right on a varadero. So I'm sticking to my army dms boots for now.
I like the look of the moto x style but all the ones I've tried are that solid they are uncomfortable.

yen_powell

Quote from: Trada on  06/07/14 - 15:04:30
Ok guys what's best most comfortable boots you have for biking?
I have some oxtars that used on road bikes but don't look right on a varadero. So I'm sticking to my army dms boots for now.
I like the look of the moto x style but all the ones I've tried are that solid they are uncomfortable.
I've had about 4/5 pairs of motocross boots over the years and they were all solid to start with, although they did mega miles in the end, just being resoled every so often. It used to take me months before they softened up.

Best thing you can do is buy second hand and let someone else do the work for you.

varonda

Gotta be Alt-Berg --made in Richmond .N Yorkshire , they're the best boots
I've ever spent money on , that being said it's like anything else , a ?200 bit of
kit is worth only 20p if it don't fit properly , so you've got to try before you buy ,
and as a White Rose man I don't scatter the readies unless I get VFM [ had the first pair 12 years and only replaced them cos I started with Ernie Wise syndrome --short fat hairy legs !] the 2nd pair of Alt-Bergs are waterproof /made to fit and only cost
a couple of hundred beer vouchers !!! check their web site for styles and latest prices.
If the truth fits --wear it

Trada

I know of the alt bergs but never tried them. I think my army boots are much than theirs, really comfortable and waterproof, gortex lined, and a lot cheaper lol.
I also know Richmond very well, I grew up just up the road in Castle Bolton, Wensleydale. I knew the area that well I could ride there on my Yamaha DT175E without even going on the road ( much) at 15 year old. :D
But now I'm looking for a motor cross style boot but one with feel and comfort for walking as well when I get off the bike. Pre worn does sound good though.

aboynamedsue

I bought Hein Gericke Rallye boots in April 2006 and I am still wearing them. They are Goretex and have never let in a drop of water and are also very comfortable. Last year when HG was closing in Belfast I bought a pair of Rallye IIIs  with 20% off which is more or less the same boot and have not even taken the labels off yet. The soles on my old boots will be the determining factor on when to introduce the new ones. Not for a while yet though. There's plenty more big trips in the old boots yet.

RebuiltV3

I have these ... cost a bit but super comfortable and also you can walk about in them comfortably to when you jump off bike ...
they really good  for armor and comfort combined ... suede outer lining that's taken everything i ve thrown at it so far
I personally highly recommend them but look about for best price ... i got mine form J n S  in Plymouth .

http://www.motolegends.com/boots/w2-4-dirt-adventure-boot.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=product&gclid=CNmw8uSwtb8CFWf4wgodGjYA1w
The Varabeast  !!!... not for the faint of heart ... :OP

Lifes an adventure , lets see where it takes us !?!

Tis great weather for ducks .... and Varadero`s

Trada

Like the look of those Rebuilt, they don't look over solid like proper motox boots.

r goodall1

dont buy motox buy trials boots thats what i did and they are great,soft sole gripy and loads of comfort and protection.

RebuiltV3

supriseingly comfortable and flexible ... taken hits from every weather n still dry feet :)
The Varabeast  !!!... not for the faint of heart ... :OP

Lifes an adventure , lets see where it takes us !?!

Tis great weather for ducks .... and Varadero`s

BigYin

Quote from: varonda on  06/07/14 - 19:31:11
Gotta be Alt-Berg --made in Richmond .N Yorkshire , they're the best boots
I've ever spent money on

Love my Altbergs  ;D

extremely well made, very very comfy, watertight in even the worst conditions, easy to care for, and among the toughest boots should the worst happen and you come off.

Price wise they are still competitive with other high end boots, but I reckon you get far more value for your buck with the Altbergs  8)

Varareco

I wear Gaerne Balance trials boots. Very comfortable warm and waterproof if you keep them clean and apply fresh Nikwax. http://www.trialsuk.co.uk/categories/gaerne-trials-boots
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than to seek permission.

Two Plugs NL

Bought the new Sidi Adventure line. Excellent, after owning Daytona's and TCX. Fully waterproof and comfy under all circumstances. You don't wanna do a marathon on them though ;) But they are designed for motorcycling, not for walking  ;D
Two Plugs NL
Founder of VIM
www.varadero-international.com

Varareco

Quote from: Two Plugs NL on  22/07/15 - 08:53:40
Bought the new Sidi Adventure line. Excellent, after owning Daytona's and TCX. Fully waterproof and comfy under all circumstances. You don't wanna do a marathon on them though ;) But they are designed for motorcycling, not for walking  ;D

It's always going to be a compromise when choosing what boots to buy/wear which is why I chose a Trials boot. Good, but not great protection but still able to walk without looking like I've got a carrot up my ar*e  :))

Grievesy

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/30361

Got these, Ride best buy recommendation is well earned!!. can't fault them.
Fitted: Centre Stand, heated grips, hand guards,  GIVI tall windshield, GIVI E22 panniers & topbox

Drooling at: Bellypan

Living the dream!

Varareco

Quote from: Grievesy on  23/07/15 - 13:46:13
http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/30361

Got these, Ride best buy recommendation is well earned!!. can't fault them.

Very nice, good price too. How was the sizing, IE did you need one size bigger?