Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

28/03/24 - 08:35:48

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 179
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 218
Total: 219

218 Guests, 1 User
S Barker

Aftermarket Stainless Exhaust System

Started by Taught2BeCautious, 06/10/18 - 11:51:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Taught2BeCautious

I found this website accidentally whilst looking for something else, and thought it might help someone:
https://www.blackwidowexhausts.co.uk/varadero-77-c.asp

As far as I can tell, they are true to the original design and have systems for all model years, but I would probably want to ask them the internal diameter of the front pipe before buying (it should be the same as the rear) and if the later version has a catalytic converter.

They don't list a separate link pipe (for fitting your own back box) but you could phone them and ask.

I have no connection to the company, and am not a customer.

Cobra2

The BlackWidow system fits well to my 2014 Vara, but has, as others I have seen, a too small dia. rear pipe.  And their short dampers are LOUD.  Go for 400mm.

Cobra2

My Vara with complete BlackWidow system:

Taught2BeCautious

Looks good!

The original front downpipe has a double wall tube, so the internal diameter is probably not far from the rear downpipe.

Don't forget, the rear cylinder is de-tuned compared to the front, so it probably doesn't make a fat lot of difference as there's nothing you can do about it an the injection models.

I'm guessing that the O2 sensors transferred over to the new system, and you could use any make of end can with the same inlet diameter??

Cobra2

<<I'm guessing that the O2 sensors transferred over to the new system, and you could use any make of end can with the same inlet diameter??>>
Yes

Cobra2

The "TurboKit"  ; https://www.motorsportgoetz.com/Exhaust-Honda-Varadero-XLV-125-stainless-steel-edition-with-e-mark
will probably give better performance... (but does not look so good, and other rear-pipe & muffler combos will not fit).