Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

19/04/24 - 01:29:09

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2,722
  • Latest: carlfh
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,914
  • Total Topics: 11,004
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 74
Total: 74

74 Guests, 0 Users

Exhaust replacement

Started by Neil G, 18/12/21 - 22:02:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil G

Hi all.

I've just bought a 2008 Varadero 1000 which is fitted with MIVV carbon cans and link pipes - the seller also gave me a stack of original parts including the exhausts.

I'd like to reinstate the original exhausts and I'm wondering if this can be done without having to take half the bike apart?

Thanks all.

S Barker

It shouldn't be a big job as long as nothing has been changed apart from fitting alternative cans (i.e. the cylinder headers are still original).

Re-fitting the old cans will a bit of weight.

I wonder what happen if I click on this - Ooops

John J

There are brass exhaust seals now to replace the factory carbon ones. The carbon seals tend to fail quite quickly and cause loud popping back. You can buy brass ones on eBay or on this site if still here. I did mine 3 years ago and the job isn't as bad as you would think. Like you, I was wondering how much of the bike has to come apart but it turned out to be very straight forward.
Once done in brass you can enjoy endless miles of trouble free riding. The exhaust seal is pretty much the only weak spot on these bikes. Except for normal service stuff I've had no issues at all in thousands of miles.

Truck

If you have pannier racks on there they will need to come off to refit the original pipes, the Mivv's will just unbolt and be on the floor in 5-10 min, and as said above the original's weigh a tone 1 standard can weighs more than the full Mivv system.

kathsdanes

hi has anybody fitted  larger rear cylinder pipe on 125

kathsdanes

hi can i fit larger bore rear pipe on my 125 FI