Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

29/03/24 - 11:21:03

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,913
  • Total Topics: 11,003
  • Online today: 368
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 85
Total: 85

85 Guests, 0 Users

Im Back!

Started by sheridan, 24/08/11 - 22:26:25

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Hey guys/dolls

I have beena bsent from the forum and biking for that fact for some time now. Had to sell my Vara before christmas to release funds, new baby etc etc and have only just bought a replacement bike today!  But hold on.......I have strayed to the dark side and become a BMUU tosser!  ;)

Sorry but it had to be done, 1150 GS old school stuff, garaunteed to work anyway!

so apologies for dissapearing, not that anyone noticed im sure! But i will be taking much more interest from this point on!

Ta the nooo

sheridan
northern Ireland rider....never rains here!! :-)

Harko

...Found a permanent fix for your jumping, bumping, stuttering bike then.   :rofl

Welcome back ...to the :crazy: house. 

Harko.

Tarwdu

Quote from: sheridan on  24/08/11 - 22:26:25

Sorry but it had to be done, 1150 GS old school stuff, garaunteed to work anyway!

sheridan

I have also got a bmuu 1150gs.  Its a load of shite compared to the vara.
I can ride it for 20 miles and then this red light comes on and guess what?  NO BRAKES.  This happens every time I ride it.
It uses half a pint of oil per thousand miles and blah, blah, blah  I am pissed of with it!!!!!!

There are also some design features that need to be addressed.
Low gear is far too high for traffic use or country lanes.
The rev range is extremely limited compared to the vara, especially when overtaking.  Very often when doing an overtake I glance at the rev counter and expect a con rod to hit me in the leg.
The fcucking indicator switches need a two day course to be able to use them.

I could go on.

My initials are GS, but I ride a Varadero.

varavaravoom

These sacrifices have to be made mate, but glad you managed to get back onto the bottom rung of the motorcycle ladder, maybe you can work your way back up to the vara at the top sometime. lol  ;D

I actually did notice you were missing, any time i passed your house i only seen jeeps no motorcycles, it is hard to put a child seat on the back of the bike though.
all the best, safe riding,

Richard,  Newtownards.

sheridan

Hey, well I must say the indicator thing is a bit weird! still trying to get used to that! the bike however is immaculate, and I had an annoying experience with my vara, as you'll find with many posts about jumping bumping blah blah. The beamer is certainly not as torquey as the vara but very comfy and smooth, Ill maybe go back to the vara one day but i'll see how this one goes, and it certainly wont be getting sold without a replacement bike bought first!!  ;D

Anyways glad to be back, see what everyone is to!

Must change my profile picture!>.................
northern Ireland rider....never rains here!! :-)