Welcome to Honda Varadero UK Forum. Please login or sign up.

25/04/24 - 21:59:41

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

S Barker

2024-01-06, 15:48:05
New SMF Version

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 2,723
  • Latest: AntG
Stats
  • Total Posts: 90,915
  • Total Topics: 11,005
  • Online today: 177
  • Online ever: 1,296
  • ( 22/01/20 - 17:41:39)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 141
Total: 141

141 Guests, 0 Users

Roadsure

Started by Silver Fox, 29/12/04 - 15:26:24

Previous topic - Next topic

filmbuff

Well that makes me feel so much better :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
"I have been a rover. I have walked alone. Hiked the hundred highways. Never found a home. Still in all, I'm happy..."  Sinatra

Pot Noodle

Argh yes,but i bet your a younger man,  its one of the few advantages of being an old git!!!

filmbuff

True, have yet to reach the big 30, but am still feeling unfairly leant upon by the bullying shoulders shoulders of Bennets. Mind you was an old git who reccommended them... should have gone for the transalp! :D
"I have been a rover. I have walked alone. Hiked the hundred highways. Never found a home. Still in all, I'm happy..."  Sinatra

happychappy

Roadsure quoted me ?26 less than the ?296 fully comp renewal with Carole Nash.......then said that the extra cover for helmet and leather replacement (included in CN policy) would be covered for an extra ?25  :-\

And, after the usual 15 minutes of giving details, ages, blah over the phone, he then said I wasn't covered to ride any other bikes (- or was that Bennetts?)

Anyway, I will stick with Carole Nash for this year.

AND........... their European Recovery does cover Poland.
HOC 28750
"There's no such thing as bad weather; just the wrong clothes" (Billy Connolly)  "I'm on the whisky diet....I've lost three days already"! (Tommy Cooper)
Knowledge is luggage:- I travel light.

Big Fred

Quoted me happy for sure.
I just paid my ?168.00 to Roadsure for fully comp insu.
Had last years insu with Honda insu at ?220.00 fully comp with my wife as the named rider.
As expected she never rode it but it was handy just in case we went out and for whatever reason I was not able to ride the bike back home.
Well today?s/this year?s insu is for just me and includes, RAC roadside assistance + green card + legal cover + broker fee and I think it also includes no claims protection, all in everthing ?168.00. Which was nice.. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

BF

Give them a call and tell them Big Fred told you to do it. >:D >:D
Must get out on the bike more this year, and even more next year.
Bikes is for riding, not for displaying in the front room....

Silver Fox

Ahhhhh Correction

Silver Fox told you....and BF...ill expect a pint in Eskdale

Philip  O0
HOC 28735

Dream like you''ll live forever
Live like you'll die today

Big Fred

Quote from: Silver Fox on  01/04/05 - 16:54:28
Ahhhhh Correction

Philip O0
No sorry Philip, I had what you might call first contact with Roadsure when they started up as I was the PRO of another M/c club at the time and I introduced them to the members of the other club to which I belong. I?m not saying that I got preferential treatment of course I just live in a low crime area and have had a clean licence all my 30 years of riding/driving (Hmm I hope I?m not going to regret saying that now)
I seem to have got my date uuddled mup cos I though Eskdale was last week. I wonder therefore if I will make it all the way up there ?up t? north the nose?.
Oh and by the way, I don't suppose you are bidding for Suzuki items on Ebay are you?

BF

Silver Fox

Quote from: Big Fred on  01/04/05 - 17:16:52
Quote from: Silver Fox on  01/04/05 - 16:54:28
Ahhhhh Correction

Philip O0
No sorry Philip, I had what you might call first contact with Roadsure when they started up as I was the PRO of another M/c club at the time and I introduced them to the members of the other club to which I belong. I?m not saying that I got preferential treatment of course I just live in a low crime area and have had a clean licence all my 30 years of riding/driving (Hmm I hope I?m not going to regret saying that now)
I seem to have got my date uuddled mup cos I though Eskdale was last week. I wonder therefore if I will make it all the way up there ?up t? north the nose?.
Oh and by the way, I don't suppose you are bidding for Suzuki items on Ebay are you?

BF

Not me mate....is there another SF

Philip O0
HOC 28735

Dream like you''ll live forever
Live like you'll die today

Big Fred

Not me mate....is there another SF
Philip O0

Yes there must be then, Ebay ID silverfox1086

BF 8) 8)

MacValk

Because of this thread I decided to call Roadsure for a quote on Thursday,.....

Renewal notice from current insurer (who I have been with for last 4 years) was ?215 + ?17 for uninsured loss recovery, TPF&T only cover.Thats for a two bike policy, Varadero + 1520cc Valkyrie, garaged, 36 yr old, 6 years NCB.

I never usually go for Fully Comp cause the premium is usually 3 times the TPF&T premium.

But,...............

Roadsure have charged me ?240 Fully Comp on both bikes with full RAC breakdown and uninsured loss recovery on both bikes as well.   :shocked:

Had quote faxed to me within 15 mins on Thursday afternoon.
Paid in full on Friday morning.
Had both cover notes and breakdown policy documents faxed to me within one hour after call.

NOW THATS WHAT I CALL AN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING QUOTE AND A FECKING BRILLIANT SERVICE.
Spoke to a guy called called Vince who was also a biker (he rode a sports bike,? GSX750 I think) and he was very very helpful.
Can not recommend them highly enough.

Big thanks to all on this thread who sang their praises, if it were not for you guys, I would not have tried them. This is what this forum is all about and what makes it so great. O0 O0 O0

Finally spoke to my broker and another 2 brokers, the closest they could get was ?499 fully comp with out the breakdown cover.
Go on,.. try them,... what you got to loose?

Cheers guys O0
***   Its "Hard as Fuck Purple" I tell ya!  ***

Craig67

36 yr old, 6 years NCB.

I never usually go for Fully

NOW THATS WHAT I CALL AN ABSOLUTELY AMAZING QUOTE

Miss quoting could be a new sport for all.
HOC  29504

Honeymonster

Quote from: Craig67 on  16/07/05 - 01:17:42
36 yr old, 6 years NCB.

Just using the quote button right would be a start  ::)
Never let a motorcycle take you somewhere your brain didn't go five seconds earlier

Craig67

Quote from: Honeymonster on  16/07/05 - 03:01:54
Quote from: Craig67 on  16/07/05 - 01:17:42
36 yr old, 6 years NCB.

Just using the quote button right would be a start? ::)
[/quoteThese Etcha scetch can you get them with a printer. :-[
HOC  29504

the_lone_rider

I have just filled in for at roadsure for a quote but I got a good one from ekieinsurance that was recommended on another post.

I have TPFT on my 2nd year with one yr NCB which has cost me ?540 for my baby varo with CIA insurance group. They were the only company to insure me as I have driving convictions.

www.ebkieinsurance.co.uk have quoted me ?370 FC with 2yr NCB (so lets hope nothing happens before renewal time!) so I would like to see roadsure beat that!

Blahhhh

Another round of applause for Roadsure - ?41 cheaper than Bennetts and much better cover - RAC Euro cover, green card, 3rd party on any other owners bike (with their permission of course) none of which was offered by Bennetts.